Wednesday, May 1, 2013
May 1, 2013: A Watched Pot
Well Baby Trey and I have had an interesting week! At my appointment last week, I was just starting to efface and baby was head down and very low. I felt fine over the weekend, but on Monday started having some scary symptoms. I went in 2 days ago to find out I was just starting to dilate, about 50% effaced but baby was still doing well. My doctor did place me on bed rest to help make sure I didn't go into preterm labor, so yesterday morning I took the kids to school and came home to the couch. My symptoms from day before got much worse, so after talking to my doctor I ended up back in Labor and Delivery. I was diagnosed with a really bad bladder infection and started on antibiotics. I'm still 50% effaced, 1.5 cm and low head from my exam yesterday. The one good part of being back in the hospital was another 4d ultrasound of Trey. He/She is measuring 5 lbs 4 oz and still looked great. Trey's little cheeks and lips are so full and so cute! Anyway I am home again on bed rest. trying to take it easy. So thankful to Nick, Lynn, and Mal/Dal (who left their trip to the KY Derby to drive back to TX) for helping me this week. I am 35 weeks now, so I don't have as many worries about Trey but an extra week or so wouldn't hurt either to make sure there are no complications. My symptoms are slightly improving and I did feel better today. Now I am just a watched pot on the couch...thank goodness for Law and Order reruns :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment