Monday, May 20, 2013

May 20, 2013: Last night as family of four

Dear Liam and Bryn,
You were both excited to hear that baby Trey will be making an appearance tomorrow.  You have both been so sweet and curious this whole time talking about how Trey will fit into our future.  Whether it's moving seats in the car or adding another member to fill up the chairs at the table, you both are so excited for these changes.  I know not all the changes will be positive, and you will give up some time with mommy and daddy, to make room for a new baby.  But I hope the trade off of another sibling, another built in buddy and best friend for the rest of your life, is worth it.  I hope you both treasure your roles in our family because I cannot imagine a better oldest child in you Liam.  You are so helpful, willing to please and really genuine in your love for us and Bryn.  You told us you are ready to protect Trey just like you do for Bryn.  You are excited to teach Trey how to play soccer and all about Transformers.  Brynnie, you are what I imagine to be a typical middle child :)  There is no way you could ever be overlooked because you constantly keep us on our toes and remind us of your presence.  You have such a big heart and personality, and have talked about Trey more than any of us. I can see how excited you are to be the big sister, and know that you already consider yourself  a 'big kid' in this family.  I know you don't know what to expect but I hope that you will continue to be excited and involved with Trey because I know you will have so much love to give.  You are excited to sing "I love you" and all your Rhianna songs to Trey.  Daddy and I have so enjoyed being a family of four and have so many wonderful memories with you both.  We always knew we wanted (at least! hehe) 3 kids and are so excited for this stage of our family to begin.  We can't wait to gift you both with a new sibling who will bring even more laughter, joy, and new memories to this family.

Love you both the most,
Mommy

No comments: