We had a pretty low key Mother's Day weekend given my condition. Grandma came in to town and the kids made her a cake...
It has been fun having Grandma come visit so much, and I appreciate all the help with the kids. We are looking forward to the summer, when Grandma is coming to stay with us more and help me recuperate...
On Saturday, I did go to the Mother's Day tea we had planned months in advance. All it required me to do was sit, eat, and drink which luckily I am usually still up for :) Amelia was sick with a kidney infection this weekend and missed out, but here are the mommies and daughters who did get to go...
So thankful to have my mom close by, especially at times like these last few weeks. She has semi moved in with us and taken over my role with the kids and house while Nick is at work. To say I couldn't do it without her is an understatement, and I feel so grateful knowing that I was able to rest and get Trey to full term with her help. Pic with all 3 of my babies, even though Trey was hidden :)
It was a very proper tea time with little finger sandwiches and desserts, and Bryn LOVED it...
Bryn opted for water in her tea cup but still loved to 'cheers' my tea cup with hers...
On Sunday, we didn't do much. Nick and the kids made me french toast and fruit salad for breakfast and grilled out steak and chicken that night. They got me a gift card for a massage and my big treat was that the boys stained our fence, which looks so great.
















1 comment:
great couple of posts!!!! rest up - tomorrow's such a big day. will be thinking of you at noon (well all morning really) and the days after. prayers for all to go ok tomorrow!!! can't wait for updates
Post a Comment