Friday, May 10, 2013

May 9, 2013: 36 weeks, Science Fair, and Derby

Yup, Trey is still cookin'  :)  And I'm officially on bed rest till this kid comes out.  I hate to be so limited with what I can do, but am so so grateful to all the help we have received.  Mallie shows up before 7am and usually doesn't leave until after 6pm.  Dallie has left work early to come over and Grandma comes up over the weekends.  Nick has been great, rushing home to jump right in and take over with the kids.  Obviously the more days I can give Trey is a good thing, although sometimes uncomfortable for me.  More tests, 2 hospital trips, and a doctor's appointment over the last week showed that Trey is doing well, despite how my body feels.  I actually had another 4d ultrasound last week and will have pictures from that to upload soon.   At my appointment this week, I'm 75% effaced and 2 cm dilated.  Sure feels like I could have made more progress with the off-on contractions and back pain over the last week.  Oh well, Trey seems to be my trickiest baby yet and I think he/she is going to sneak up on us "when we least expect it" as Liam likes to say :)

Although I'm still on bed rest I have gotten out to do a few activities (mostly where I'm still sitting the whole time, just not on my couch).  I was so excited to go to Liam's science fair at school last weekend because he had worked so hard on his project and presentation.  He presented on blood, the main components and what they do in the body...

Hard at work...
 The finished project!
The big day at school...
 So proud to be there...

Liam and best friend AJ... 
 Their teachers, Ms. Ladan and Ms. Vita...
Liam and Rhianna...
Liam had a big cheering section (including Mallie, Meha, Daniel, Lynn and Wayne who aren't pictured)



 Giving his presentation...


 Showing off the jar of "blood' that he made...
 So proud of himself afterwards...or maybe just excited about the donuts Meha brought him :)
Later that day we all went back to our house to have a Derby party and grill out.  I feel bad that Mal and Dal missed out on their original plans to go to the Derby to be here to help me, but we did still have fun watching the races.  We all drew horses and guess who won...yup, Bryn picked Orb, #16...
 
 Grilling and eating outside...

This week Mallie filled in for mommy and me gymnastics...and Bryn did the balance beam for the first time.  She was so steady and did great!
 And this is just a cute pic Daddy took of her...he's getting so good at washing and styling her curls!
 I ddi get another outing this morning to "Muffins with Mommy" at the kids' school.  Wish I was just pushing my stomach out like Liam is, but no, I'm really just that HUGE :)
It's the stage where everyone who sees me asks, "How much longer?"  And I like to answer, "any day now"!!

2 comments:

Ashley and Matt Sheehan said...

bryn looks soooo much like presley in that last picture.. .same smile or something. so glad trey made it to the 36 wk mark.. hoping for a few more weeks. you look great emily!!

Meredith & Brett Hagedorn said...

I agree with Ashley...Brynn does remind me of Presley in that picture! Way to go, Liam on your project! Emily, you're doing great! Not huge...36 weeks preggers! Keep hanging in there friend!