Nick and I flew to Boston last week. It was our first time to the city and I think we did, saw, and eat everything the city had to offer :) First, I have to give this city props, it was extremely easy to get around walking or on the T. I so miss cities built around public transportation...but then I guess I also miss living IN a city...suburbia, sigh. Anyway, I digress...here was our first lunch spot in Copely Square...
We then walked to the Boston Commons...And from there walked the Freedom Trail which is a path that takes you along the majority of Boston's historical sites...
The State House where the Declaration of Independence was read the first time from that balcony...
Nick appeased me with going a Duck tour :) They are vehicles from WWII that move from the streets to the water...and our tour on it through Boston was in land and water! It was fun but I kept thinking it would be more fun with Liam and Bryn...
Another one of our meals at Union Oyster House, the oldest restaurant in Boston...
The highlight of Nick's trip...a Red Sox game!
We also got to meet up with our friend from Vandy/LA, Kelly....
On Saturday, we took Amtrak to Westport, CT for Susannah's wedding reception. Suz and I have been friends since freshman year at Vandy, and it was so fun to see her and my friend/roommate Brittany. So much has happened in the last 12 years since we first met (weddings, babies, living in different countries), but after so many years, we still have so much fun together!
Britty, Suz and her baby Sophie...
On Sunday we took the train into NYC to meet up with one of my besties, Jessica. Jess and I have been friends for 16ish years (wow, that makes me feel old!) She and I went to high school and college together, and have been through A LOT :) She spent the day with us, and first we went to see the 9/11 Memorial...
Then she and Nick indulged me by walking from Rockefeller Center in midtown through Central Park, all the way up to my old apartment on 73rd and Riverside. I just had to see my 5 story walk up that I paid almost $1000 a month to climb up a ladder in the living room to sleep in a loft that I couldn't stand up in. Of course no dishwasher, disposal, central heat/air, or laundry which I can't imagine doing now. Still, I miss it a little. (The city and lifestyle, not the ladder and loft :)
And finally we went up to the top of the Empire State building since none of us could remember if we had done this while actually living there. Here's the view downtown...
View uptown (my personal favorite the Upper West Side) with Central Park...
Me and Jess...
On our way home from dinner Sunday night, Nick and I walked through Times Square on our walk back to the hotel (an area I very much avoided while I lived there). But it is cool to see, especially when I ran into Liam's hero...
I think my favorite part of this trip was seeing old friends, reliving high school/college memories...and feeling so, so blessed to realize that Nick has been around for almost all of it! He knew these girls from college, all our stories, all their old boyfriends, and our inside jokes. I feel so lucky that he has been part of my life for so long :)































No comments:
Post a Comment