Monday, September 3, 2012

September 3, 2012: Labor Day Weekend

Yes, I'm posting twice today.  Once for my photo challenge and now to catch up on our busy, anything-but-relaxing weekend.  Can't complain though because we were too busy having fun...and all that fun added up to the kids sleeping till 8 or 9am a couple of mornings which is UNHEARD of :)

Friday night, we went to a Rough Riders game.  Nick ended up having to work late, so I took the kids by myself.  It was a little hectic but I think I managed getting us all fed and explaining the technicalities of the game to my curious little baseballer :)  Here's the pic Liam took of us...
 And one that I took...
Nick did show up for the last couple innings and for the fireworks show afterwards!  Both kids LOVED it...

On Saturday Liam did a kiddie-triatholon :)  First we went swimming with Linds and JE...
 Then Nick and JE took Liam to his first time in the batting cages...

Then Saturday night, Liam went to Jackson's birthday party with other friends Addison and Jackson...


Yes, he slept really great that night!  Sunday morning we went on a family hike...
Sunday night we went back to our last Rough Riders game of the season with the Mueller Family.  It was a great game and Liam got to run the bases afterwards!  Monday night we had a playgroup potluck at the Sheehan's pool.   I was the mom who forgot swim clothes...so mine are the topless kids in their khakis and bloomers :)


 Bryn and Brenna...
 And their big brothers, best buddies, Jackson and Liam...
 The daddies all grilled for us...
 Love these kids...I caught them in between one of their "mysteries" where they were hunting the bad guys :)

2 comments:

Ashley and Matt Sheehan said...

Love these emiLy !! You do the best job at documenting life.

Meredith & Brett Hagedorn said...

Agree with Ashley! Emily, you do such a great job capturing your family moments & documenting. :))