Wednesday, September 19, 2012

September 19, 2012: Photo Challenge-Focus

Focus
To me, this word describes what drives me.  My family is definitely the focus of my life...but more specifically our health, experiences, and memories.  Since having kids, I have definitely seen my focus change.  My priorities for designer clothes, electronics, or 35$ bottles of shampoo (yes I used to pay that much!) just doesn't really matter anymore.  Nick has influenced me as well, as we have made great strides this year paying off student/house/car loans and moving closer to being completely debt free (because even if it's considered good debt, I don't want it :)   I want my kids to look back with so much to remember about their childhood.  They won't remember how big the TV was or how many toys they had...but they will remember the places we went and the things we did together.  Nick and I both agree that while we don't put a lot of faith in materialistic things, we do think that money spent on trips and travel will always be worth it.  It wasn't till I looked back at how much the kids have traveled that I realized how much they have gotten to do!   Liam has visited 8 states so far and Bryn has been to 6 states.  We have traveled mostly for family vacations and weddings, but also for fun.  I would have guessed that my kids had been on a dozen flights, but after looking back Liam has been on 25 and Bryn has been on 8!!

Flights:
 3 mo old LA to Houston-Dallas Nov 2008 
5 mo old LA to Nashville-Louisville Jan 2009
6 mo old LA to Dallas Feb 2009
9 mo old LA to Dallas May 2009
10 mo old LA to Longboat Key, FL June 2009
11 mo old LA to Grayton Beach, FL July 2009
15 mo old LA to Dallas Nov 2009
16 mo old LA to Dallas Dec 2009
21 mo old Dallas to Nashville-Louisville May 2010
3 yrs and 9mo old Dallas to LA Aug 2011
3 yrs and 1 yr old Dallas to Nashville Nov 2011
3.5 yrs and 16 mo old Dallas to Charleston, SC Mar 2012
3.5 yrs and 17 mo old Dallas to Ft. Benning, GA Apr 2012







Just to make sure there's no misunderstanding, Nick is VERY helpful on flights..between his cat naps :)

They have also taken road trips to Vegas, San Diego, Nashville-Louisville, and countless trips to Houston.  I know that this type of travel at this age is not common and I truly feel so blessed that Nick and I have been able to do this with our kids.  Looking back on all this makes me excited for our next vacation coming up later this year!  And in case you didn't know, you can get a frequent flier number at the age of 2...by this rate Liam will have a free flight in no time :)

No comments: