Star
The photo challenge word is Star. But it is 9/11, exactly 11 years after the worst tragedy of my lifetime. Nick and I were at the 9/11 Memorial this weekend. It was very nice, but eerie. There are two large holes with a deeper hole inside each where the north and south towers stood. Water falls from the top, and around the outside are the names etched on stone of the people who died that day. There is a new single tower above called the Freedom Tower. I'll never forget that day, never forget waking up to my mom's phone call about my dad being in Boston, safe, but unable to fly out. And then watching the 2nd plane hit the tower on live TV. This is a piece of history that I hope to be able to explain to my kids one day...though I can't imagine how. How do you explain the loss, the fear, the evil? I pray they never experience something like this in their lifetime. And I pray for all those involved, those who lost lives and loved ones.


No comments:
Post a Comment