Monday, August 8, 2011

August 8, 2011: A circus and a concussion



But first, meet Brynnie the bull. Yes this is her new face that she loves to make! It's pretty funny and you can't help laughing...but it's starting to come out at strangers, when she's mad, when she wants attention, and especially when the camera is on her.
We've been having a pretty relaxing weekend. Lately Liam has really gotten into playing Domino's...
Grandma was in town and got lots of snuggles...
When he's not playing Domino's, he is playing on his car mat for hours. We all get invited to his big races :)
Sunday night we went to the circus! We have been talking about it all summer and Liam was so pumped...
We got there early and went down to the stage to meet the stars of the circus (carnies?!)...
Liam LOVED the elephants and the cotton candy ;)
Today started out like a normal day, meeting some friends at the mall play area. I didn't even see it happen but another child jumped off the equipment and landed on Liam's head :( He cried, held his breath, turned a little blue around the mouth (luckily I'm used to his breath holding spells so this didn't phase me too much, although I never like it)...but the bump on his head was a little scary...
So yes I took him to have someone else look him over because he was just a little dazed and the bump seemed to be growing by the minute. It's really interesting to try to assess the mental status of a 2 year old :) But after he finally started talking to them, doing his letters, counting by tens, rhyming words I think we all felt better. My little concussed genius :) Liam was so brave and after observing him for a while, they let him go. It's just a mild concussion, and if he takes after his daddy it's only the first. Liam was definitely back to himself once he got home. Mallie brought him some Five Guys which he loved...
And Lynn sent him some jello jigglers to eat with my chicken noodle soup...just what his boo boo needed he told us! The swelling has gone down alot already, thank goodness.Although it should be bed time I'm waiting up to do one more 'neuro check' on Liam before going to sleep. Nick and I are splitting up the night so that we can keep getting up to check him throughout the night. I'll feel alot better tomorrow when he wakes up happy and back to himself...except for the black eye!

And I do have to say a big thank you to Bryn today. She too was pretty brave when I practically threw her out of my arms to get to Liam and then waited patiently for mommy time while I gave Liam a little extra attention.
But I don't want her to think we missed her big milestone because we have all been watching her this weekend!!
Go Bryn go! We are so proud of you!!

No comments: