Sunday, August 14, 2011

August 13, 2011: Birthday Brunch, Bridal Shower, and Bachelorette!

Liam's birthday brunch was a success, as he says :) We had a great spread of food for everyone to enjoy...
The boys at the kiddie table...
Liam was very excited to open his presents...
But first we all "gathered 'round" (as Liam says) to watch him blow out his candle.
I decided to take no chances after the day before and just held it for him :)
Liam is truly so blessed with such a caring and generous family. He got clothes, shoes, a digital camera, tons of cars and trucks, puzzles, coloring books, a chore chart, and a new watch just to name a few. I feel that each birthday is a reminder of how thankful I am for another wonderful, healthy year of my kids' lives, so we have decided to donate to a charity on their birthdays in their honor. We have just started Liam on an allowance based on his chore chart, and he will be saving some of it, using some to spend, and donating some of it to his charity of choosing. I know he's young, but I think he will enjoy learning to help others through donating and volunteering.
Some family pics from the day...
The other birthday boy had some gifts to open too :)
We all had such a good time with the whole family, just being together (missed you 'miffs!)
In the afternoon we headed over to Lynn's house for Tippy (and Alex's) bridal shower. Another wonderful party with yummy food...
Later that night, we celebrated Tippy's TX Bachelorette party! Amelia came up with the theme 'wiggin out'...
We gave Tippy a list of dare cards to complete. She was a trooper doing her model walk in 5 inch heels, ordering margaritas in Spanish, dancing with the band, etc...It was a fun night for all!
Liam's big birthday present from Nick and I is a trip to California and Disenyland!! He is so excited to go and I can't wait for him to experience this again, now that he is a little older. We are excited to see our friends, take Liam back to LA, and introduce Bryn to everyone. It will be her first beach trip as well, which will be fun. Hopefully she's a beach baby too!

No comments: