Friday, August 26, 2011

August 23, 2011: First Day of School!

To be fair Liam and Bryn have continued going to school through the summer, but that program is more relaxed and not as academic. And this week back to school was exciting for another reason...Now that he is older, this week was also Liam's transition to the primary class! He was a little nervous, but very excited about being in the 'big kid' class at school. We had a special first day breakfast of Multigrain Cheerios, obviously (for those who don't know...Liam eats this cereal every.single.day) with a powdered donut...
Liam's new class is 3-6 year olds, so he will have a lot of older kids to look up to and keep up with. I think this will be good for him though and we'll get a sense of how he works being the youngest in the class...this will be helpful when we are deciding on whether to start him in kindergarten at age 5 or 6.

Now that Liam is in the primary class he wears a uniform to school during the academic year! He looks so handsome :)
Back to school pic...thank goodness nothing changed for Bryn because she is so happy in her room and loves her teachers. As a side note, I've realized that Bryn has her pipe (that's what my Grannie used to call a pacifier) in her mouth in too many pictures recently. She doesn't have it at school (because they don't allow it) and I'm probably giving in to her way too much at home. Think it's about time to start limiting her pipe to the crib...
Liam loved his new class, and had 7 other friends move up with him including his best girls Olivia, Devin and Angelina and his buddy AJ. He told me his teacher asked the class what they did over the summer and that he told them all about his CA trip. (His teacher did confirm this and added that Liam was definetely the most 'outgoing' of the younger kids in the class!) After school they were both so excited and giggling with each other while I made dinner.
I love how he plays so gently with her and includes her, and how she just adores him and tries to do everything he does!
So thankful they are in such a wonderful, nuturing academic environment already. I feel so lucky that we are able to go to school part-time, and still so blessed that I get 2 days home with them as well.

No comments: