Wednesday, July 2, 2008

June 26-June 30, 2008: 32 weeks and Grandma Debbie and Linds come to visit!




Nick's mom and sister have come for a long weekend to visit. We had a great weekend doing lots of fun events including seeing Wicked in the theater, fondue night, a beach day, and of course some baby shopping :) I included a pic of Nicky and I at the theater and one of the fam at the beach. They also helped us finish cleaning our last apartment so that we could turn over our keys and finally be settled in our new place. Lindsey spray-painted our pink bookshelf blue so that it could placed in doo's new room! We had a really fun visit with lots of laughs and good food. And we'll be seeing them again in three weeks as they return for our girls' weekend!

Our big purchase this weekend was a stroller for doo!! I did a TON of reseach concerning what type of stroller I wanted. First it needed to be light-weight, since we are on the second floor. Also I wanted to be able to attach the car seat on top, be able to take it all over Santa Monica (including beach trails) but still be compact enough to use all the time. So we finally decided on a light-weight, all-terrain stroller, the Bumbleride Indie. I think Nick was surprised I didn't go for more of the pram-style stroller, but I feel like this one fits our beach lifestyle better (while still being small and cute!) Besides, since it's not uber-girly I think Nick is excited to use it as well. We got the stroller in brown, but I included the other pic because it has the car seat attached which is how we'll be using it in the beginning.

6 comments:

Amelia and Adam said...

love the stroller. Doo is going to get some good walking in with his mommy on the beach! I'm glad Debbie and Linds had a great visit. Nicky b must be so relieved the bookshelf is finally pink NO MORE!!! it took a baby boy to bring emily to bring some male colors around... that's cute! ok emmy you look awesome i love that belly and i want to touch and feel my lil doo kicking!! love you guys-
aunt milla

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. Looks like yall had a fun weekend. See you very soon! Rachey

Anonymous said...

Nick and Emmy,
Thanks so much for having me and your sister. You two are the best!
Loved our time spent with Baby Doo too!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a wonderful trip Nicky and Emmy!!! I had a blast and I can't wait to come back up. I'm glad you guys love the bookshelf. Anything in the name of Doo!!! I love you so much!!!

~Linds

Anonymous said...

happy 4th of july Doo!! can't wait to snuggle with you. love, mallie

Anonymous said...

Hi Nick, Emmy, and Doo!!

You all look so happy! We are all so excited to get our hands on that baby!! Enjoy every minute!! All our love - Aunt Steph