Tuesday, June 24, 2008

June 21, 2008: 31 weeks and it's Jamie's bday!




We celebrated Jamie's bday this weekend at Mulligan's family fun center. That's right, it was a whole day of putt putt, go-carts, rock climbing, and batting cages. Of course doo and I only participated in the putt putt. It was extremely hot that day and we ended the afternoon at Drew/Liz's for some swimming. I included some pics from the day...James was so cute in her pink! Doo gave Jamie some love cause when she pushed on my tummy he pushed back. He's so interactive, I know he can't wait to come play...
As I mentioned, we had a huge heat wave and I was miserable this weekend. I was so hot in our apartment since we don't have AC. I would easily say it was at least 80 degrees inside our place. It's never been an issue in Santa Monica before, cause we are close to the ocean and get a nice breeze. Usually we just leave our door and windows open and it's fine. Of course being 8 months pregnant probably doesn't help. However I was literally sweating in our apartment and finally dragged Nick to Home Depot for an AC. I would not settle for a little window unit...I wanted the huge, 2 foot tall, portable AC that is basically another piece of furniture. It's huge, loud, and extremely cold...I love it! I do not care about anything except that I'm finally cool in our apartment and no longer feel like I would rather sleep outside :) I just need to get through the summer and then I'm sure I'll be back to feeling normally hot, not pregnant hot.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily you look sooo cute!! did Doo have a hole in one? i hope the next two months fly by cause i can't wait for BABY DOO!! lovelovelove you all, mallie

Anonymous said...

P.S. James looks very cute too!!! happy belated birthday to Jamie. love, mal

Anonymous said...

Oh Emmy - You are so cute. I can't wait to hold that precious baby. What are we doing for Christmas - I MUST see you for several days since it's really the only time we get to hang out. Just keep eating ice cream and it won't seem so hot. Bitty

Amelia and Adam said...

i'm with bitty, why didn't cold stone come to mind first to cool you and doo off. I love all your "prego" dresses and clothes, they make you look so cute! I'm glad james had a great birthday! She looked precious in her pink!! Stay cool with that AC unit, just have nicky b hold it behind you where ever you go, i'm sure he won't mind... wasn't that in the vows somewhere...!!??! hah love you guys-
Doo-i'm waiting for you buddy!!
-aunt milla

James said...

Nick, I have to point this out...Emmy's boobs are bigger than mine!