Wednesday, July 9, 2008

July 9, 2008: 34 weeks and it's the 8 month belly shot!

I don't know exactly how big I'm supposed to look, but this feels HUGE. I wish I could take pictures of the little feet and body parts that stick out of me frequently, but I don't think I could catch him. He's way too quick moving around in there. He does however, get hiccups ALL the time. At least once a day, and usually after I eat. It's so funny to feel. Nick gets upset when they last awhile, like he wants me to do something. He's so cute, he's always worried about everything being normal and whether doo's okay. I'm still on the tomatoes and cottage cheese kick...I can't help it, the tomatoes from the Farmer's Market are so fresh and good, esp. now. I'm also making one of my childhood favorites, stuffed peppers, at least once a week. I've always had a weird food habit where I like to eat the same thing over and over again, so I guess I'm not surprised I'm doing it during my pregnancy. Yeah, the ice cream is still around. Not every day, but I do have my waffle bowls, chocolate ice cream, bananas, walnuts, and cool whip around just in case I get a craving :)I don't think I posted about my last doctor's appointment, but there wasn't much to say. No ultrasound :( Just the routine weight, blood pressure, and listen to the heartbeat. I had only gained 2 lbs that month, but to be fair it was during my finals and our huge move...so I was not entirely surprised with all the stress I was under. My next appointment is on the 21st and I'll be taking the grandmas (Mal and Debbie) who will still be in town. I'm almost positive I'll get an ultrasound at this appointment, at least to see how big he's getting and maybe get some insight into when he might be coming. I'm SO excited for the grandmas and aunties-to-be (Rachy and Linds) to come next weekend!!! Meha's not going to be able to make it because of her school which means we won't have as much fun without her and my make-up will not look as great. She'll get a visit in sometime though to meet her baby doo. Since we are being invaded by the women in our families, Nick has decided to flee to Vegas with Cameron and some guy friends from LA. I reminded Nick this is NOT a second bachelor party, but I guess he needs one more run to Vegas before our money starts going into college funds rather than blackjack tables :)

10 comments:

Lindsey said...

Emmy you look so cute!!!! I can't wait to come next weekend for the baby shower. Love you!!

Linds

Amelia and Adam said...

I'll see you soon BABY DOO! -don't have too much fun without me girls, i'll be thinking of you while i'm sitting in class.... ;( love you guys-
aunt milla

Amelia and Adam said...

precious, precious. Emily you look beautiful. see you next week. lovelovelove, mallie

Anonymous said...

Emmy's quotes of the day:

"It's going to be any day now."
-Refering to when Doo will be born

"It has to be soon. There is no way anyone can live like this for another month and a half."

" Baby Doo, will you please stop punching me. You always like the stuff bell peppers. Whats wrong? "

Anonymous said...

black jack tables give me money...

cameron and I are winning millions
next weekend

-the bread winner

Anonymous said...

The days can't pass fast enough for me so I can see you all again.
I am finding the tortillas so I can make you and Doo some breakfast tacos! Much love,
Grandma D.

Emmy, these are the most absolute BEST days of your life! You look so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Love the belly shot!! Can't wait to see you for real next weekend.... great googalie moogalie! He's getting big!! He better not steal my thunder and hold out till 8/26... rachey

Unknown said...

Em, Your post made me think of the food kick you got on senior year of those fried pork chop things that you made EVERY night for at least 6 months. Haha. I think tuna croquettes were in there too...good memories :)

Just one more month! Exciting!!!

Love, Jessica

Anonymous said...

Emily - I can't believe how big your belly is AND how amazing you look! You must be getting so excited that it's right around the corner! Nick is probably sick of me asking him pregnant ?'s at work! haha I hope we can get together soon and if not definetly when baby barker is here!
:) Carrie Nolen

William said...

Emily you look beautiful! Will and I can't wait to meet Baby Liam!