Thursday, July 24, 2008

July 16-22, 2008: Girls weekend! Doo has a shower, an ultrasound...and a NAME!

This was a big week. Mal and Debbie were here for almost 6 days, and Rachy and Linds came in for the weekend. With all the help, we did some serious cleaning, organizing and setting up of the nursery. I can't even begin to describe how much we got done, but I was so grateful for the help. We (and by that I mean Mal and Debbie) did 7 loads of doo's laundry...let's remember that his clothes are TINY and he still had 7 loads!! Then everything was organized into his baskets, dresser, and closet. Rachy and Linds helped put together all doo's equipment including his stroller, bouncy seat and swing. Everyone helped rearrange the room and cook meals all weekend. It was so fun to have everyone around and Mal and Debbie left me with a clean apartment and a fridge stocked with food....I'm so grateful! We did have fun, doing group mani/pedis with James and of course, going to the baby shower! I really miss having our family close and it's been so fun having everyone visit. Oh, and where was Nick during this extremely busy and productive weekend?? In Vegas with Cameron and the boys! He did take off Monday and ran around with us doing errands and finishing doo's room. He had a great weekend and came home with money in his pockets, so I'm happy :) Here are some pics of the nursery!











The baby shower hosted by Liz, Jamie, Rachy and Meha was so sweet. Jamie and Liz did a wonderful job with the food and decorations...everything was so good!! I was so excited that so many of my friends came...doo is such a loved baby already! I'm still collecting pics from everyone's cameras, but here are a couple from mine of me with the hostesses and with Linds.
We also had a doctor's visit this past Monday. Both grandmas and Nick were there for the ultrasound, which was exciting. We all got to see doo and learned that he is head down, very low, and weighs about 4.5 lbs. So far with that info, he's right on schedule. Good news, but I wouldn't have been upset to learn he was like 3 weeks ahead of schedule :) Anyway, the doctor thinks that since he is so low and head down, he's not likely to move. Nick and I have just finished our lamaze classes so it looks like we will get to put our techniques to use! I'm a little swollen in my legs and feet, especially at the end of the day. Because of this and my upcoming due date, I have just officially started maternity leave! I'm excited but now wondering what I will do with my days....I'll keep you updated...
And finally, as you might have noticed from the nursery pictures, we have chosen a name. He will be named William James Barker, and we will call him Liam. William is the name of both of Nick's grandfathers and James is my dad's name. We both love the name Liam, since it's not too strange but also not too common. And if he ever plays 'football' in England as Nick hopes, he'll fit right in :) Right now, I'm still calling him baby doo. Nick already calls him Liam when he is talking and singing to him, but I think I'll make the transition when he's born. For now, he's still my little baby doo!

3 comments:

Amelia and Adam said...

I want to see more pics!!!!! I want to see what I missed!!! Love Love Love you (as mal says!!) I need proof that it wasn't a bummer party without me...
-aunt milla

Anonymous said...

what is going on out there? I leave for two years and suddenly you're pregnant? I knew I shouldn't have left you two alone...

Anonymous said...

-b gold