Tuesday, July 29, 2008
July 29, 2008: Doo's first earthquake!
So doo and I were doing our usual morning routine since I started maternity leave: wake up around 10:30, start breakfast, watch some TIVO...but in the middle of making my eggs, everything started shaking. I started grabbing on the counters and fridge cause for a second I thought I was fainting...I was freaking out because I couldn't get stable. After a few seconds I did realize it was an earthquake and turned off the gas stove, but I still didn't know where to go in my new apartment. Before I had to decide if I should run outside in my tank top and underwear (yes, no pants) the earthquake was over. It only lasted 30 seconds and rated a 5.4 originating from a suburb of LA according to the news. The phone lines were out, so luckily I went to the computer where Nick and I chat live while he's at work. He told me he was okay, but they evacuated since he was a little closer to the earthquake than I was. So far it looks like there was not too many injuries or damage in LA, which is good. This was not my first earthquake but the other ones have been barely noticeable, so this one really scared me. And because I got so worked up, I started contracting as well. I laid down for an hour afterwards and calmed down, so my contractions did stop. Doo was brave, but did not like the earthquake!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
poor Doo. i bet he was scared!! glad to know everyone is ok, but you might think about keeping a pair of pants by the front door, just for future rumbles!! lovelovelove, mallie
i'm with mal keep some pants nearby, you never know when you and Doo need to be on the move! Emmy, i can't believe you don't have a hospital bag sitting my the front door, i thought Doo would never make it until the 28th... he he! Stay safe, i don't blame Doo for getting scared, even before birth he is so cultured-he's traveled around the US, survived an earthqueake, what's next... a hot air balloom?!?! stay safe you three
-love you-
aunt milla
I hope you reminded Nick to tighten all the screws in the stroller and swing!!! Don't forget that, we don't want doo to forever be mad at me. The nursery looks great! Love the baskets and the letters!! tell doo to hurry up, we're ready to see him! love, rachel
Sorry,Liam. Sure wish Grandma Deb could have been there to talk to you or sing a few lines so you weren't so scared. Just missed being with you by a little bit.
Love you sooooooo much.
I'm so sorry I can't come to LA anymore :(...I promise I'll come see you and Liam very soon. I can't believe it's almost time! Bitty
Hey guys!
Just wanted to say Congratulations on your new Doo, Liam! He is absolutely adorable and I can't wait to meet him (that means you have to come to Houston soon)!
-Meghan and Asher
Post a Comment