Friday, May 30, 2008

May 30, 2008: 28 weeks, new apt. and new songs for doo!





I think we have found an apartment for our family!! We are signing the lease tomorrow so it's not 100% official yet, but I will give you the details anyway. It's a 2 bedroom in Santa Monica, just 2 blocks from where we now live. I love this area and am so excited to be able to stroll doo around here. It's in an older building (standard around here) but the apartment has been gutted and completely redone...absolutely everything in it is new!! It has great storage space and a good size room for doo and guests (obviously one or the other...I won't make you shack up with doo if you visit, I promise!) Our 2 big downsides are that we are on the second floor and that we don't have a laundry in our apartment. I didn't really expect to have laundry since we haven't for that past 4 years we've lived here. As far as the second floor, I'm trying to be positive and think of it as an extra workout for taking off the cold stone/doo pounds. I attached some pics of the bedroom, kitchen, bath and living room...we'll let you know when it's officially ours!
Nick has been reading and singing to doo for a while now. While he loves any stories and songs concering sports, he's been trying to remember songs from his childhood as well. His memory must be a little fuzzy, because his rendition of the song "little bunny foo foo" was not exactly correct. His version had little bunny foo foo, hopping through the forest, scooping up the field mice and LOPPING off their heads. Now, if you remember little bunny foo foo is usually BOPPING them on the head, not decapitating them. It was funny and he realized his mistake on what should be an innocent childrens' song.
Even though I love to share Nick's stories, I do have to tell everyone how helpful he has been these past few months. He has learned to make a grocery list, shop, cook meals for us (that don't come out of a can), do laundry, clean to my standards :), and is CONSTANTLY picking me up food or necessities on his 2 hour drive home. I can't thank him enough because I could never have done school and work during this pregnancy without him. He is going to be the best dad and I think doo already knows how lucky his is!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emmy and Nick,
The new place looks real cool. Cameron can't wait to move your couch and lop off some mice heads, haha. He's bringing a gift for doo this weekend. Can't wait to see you Sunday! Love, Cameron and Rachey

Anonymous said...

Hi Nick, Emmy and Baby Doo!
I love your soon to be new home and can't wait to come see you all! Here it is the weekend,and Grandpa Chris is getting his fishing gear ready. He has hopes of making a Barker fisherman out of you , Doo.
Grandpa fishing means that Grandma Debbie will be in the stores looking and looking and looking at stuff for you, Doo. I am sending this with much love.

P.S. Grandma can't wait to read a story and sing a song!