Thursday, January 23, 2014

January 22, 2014: Another year :)

This year Nick did a great job hosting my birthday dinner.  He. made. meatloaf.  Not just any meatloaf, my Grannie's recipe...WITH mashed potatoes, corn succotash, and green beans.  It was delicious! 
Amelia and Mallie made my favorite dessert, crepes!
Liam let me have 10 kisses for my birthday present and serenaded me on the piano.  He wrote the sweetest card telling me I was the "beet mom in the world".  Bryn signed her card "mom love you bryn" and snuggled me in her bed with her arm wrapped around my neck till she almost fell asleep. Nora nursed at midnight on 1/22 and midnight on 1/23 so she really celebrated all 24 hours with me...plus she actually let us all eat dinner together while playing in her high chair.  Couldn't ask for more from these guys!

 And although Nick didn't make it in any of the pictures last night (he was the photographer for a change), I have to mention what he's been up to lately.  Ha, I joked I would do a "Nick 32 years old" update like I did for the kids :)  Nick is crushing it at work.  Not sure if I'm cool enough to say that phrase anymore, but he is doing awesome. This job has been one of his hardest, but he's doing great and people are def noticing.  He has been rewarded well for his efforts and I couldn't be prouder!  Feeling very blessed and grateful for all that I have.

1 comment:

Ashley and Matt Sheehan said...

awesome!!! love this post. Looks like a wonderful birthday! Good for you for bragging on Nick - well deserved and it couldn't happen to a better person.