My baby is growing up way too fast! She is finally sitting up well, and FINALLY rolling over both ways although mostly in duress and against her will. Nora babbles a ton saying 'dadada' and 'bababa'. She definitely also says 'mamamama' and it's usually the one noise I can make out when she is just starting to cry. I don't like my name being associated with sadness, but I do love that I think she is making the connection between calling for me when she needs me. Nora is now reaching for and into everything...including phones. Urgh, I hate the selfie trend but since it's Nora's first one (that she pushed the button herself) I guess I need to document it :)
Nora is sleeping so much better. She goes down around 7, eats once overnight and wakes up for good around 6am. Since her night feeding is around midnight, I'm usually still up anyway and love feeding and rocking her in the glider. Nora's still a mommy's girl right now, but daddy is trying to share more of his hobbies with her and she loves her weekend morning time with him.

We have no teeth but lots of chewing. Nora loves this yucky bright orange cat lovey to teeth on. It was Liam's, it's very weird looking, and we call if Garfield. I'm sure it will turn up in pictures soon as it goes to school with her every day and has now started turning up in bed too. Her other FAVORITE thing to chew on is her socks. She almost never has both socks on because one is in her mouth...
Nora wants to be wherever the kids are. If they are playing outside and I try to keep her inside with me, she squawks and squawks until she gets to go outside too. She loves for Nick or I to play soccer while carrying her and giggles as we run across the yard...

We are still working on our solid foods. She eats much better with us at the table then on her own, but she still eats just handful of bites each meal. Today was a record at school of 16 spoonfuls and her teachers were so excited to tell me. I love that her teachers get so excited out of all her little triumphs like I do :) She has also learned to blow raspberries with food in her mouth which is so much fun for her and so much to clean up for me :)
She still maintains a pretty serious demeanor, but I can tell she is just very observant and takes her time to decide before giving a reaction...
All it takes is a little bit of Liam saying "ah bah, ah bah" or Bryn speaking in a high squeaky voice to get the grins out of her...






1 comment:
she is beautiful, emily .. and such a spitting image of you - so crazy!!! can't believe she's already so old!!!!
Post a Comment