Monday, January 20, 2014

January 20, 2014: Liam at 5

I have been meaning to update what the kids are all up to at this age, so I'll start with Liam.  Liam continues to surprise, amaze, and keep us on our toes :)  He is literally growing too fast in front of my eyes.
 Lately with this randomly warm weather, I can't keep this kid inside.  He still loves to play soccer and baseball in the back yard.  But lately if he's outside he's on his scooter!

Special picnic at the Train park with Liam's lunch pick, In And Out...or Out and In as Bryn calls it :)
I still love to see how his mind works...
His favorite new art project is making designs...

His newest hobbies are word searches and sudoku...

I'm so glad that he is in such a wonderful school program that is able to keep him stimulated and challenged.  Here is his math work sheet from school this week...not long now till he passes mommy up!

It's so nice that Liam is old enough to do more around the house.  He loves washing dishes (weird I know) and changing the laundry (because he gets to pushes the buttons).   I get free help and he earns time to play ipad.  It's win-win!  He still has to set his timer to play although after turning 5 he negotiated his time up to 35 minutes :)
He plays so well with Bryn and although they have their sibling fights, they have so much fun together.  He loves to get up and play with Nora in the morning, singing her silly songs to make her laugh.  He loves juicing with me and lately I've let him create his own.  Today was kale, broccoli, apple and raspberry...actually pretty tasty but because it's a green sludge we call it ninja turtle juice.
Liam enjoys cooking and has recently learned to toast and butter english muffins himself.  He is so proud and "cooks" this dish for us all on the weekends :)  On this day,  he set an "adult table" and made muffins for himself and Bryn.
His appetite has definitely increased but surprisingly he's only 38 lbs pounds and 45 inches.  (Sleep deprived mom of 3 means I forgot the percentiles and am too tired to calculate them myself)  His teachers told me he eats two full plates of food at lunch and I believe them!  He's still to smart for his own britches.  When I told the kids they only had 3 minutes left to play and Bryn started whining, Liam quickly placated her by saying "It's okay Bryn, you have 180 seconds left".  Liam's music tastes right now include Maroon 5 and "What does the fox say?".  I mistakenly taught him the Fifty Nifty state song where you sing every state in alphabetical order.  He sang it a million times over the holidays to anyone who would listen.  Then a couple weeks ago he came home from school telling us he made up a new state song.  It was the capital of every state in alphabetical order of the states...I couldn't believe it because I still can't think of the capitals as quickly as he can.  Now that he knows all the state capitals, he's working on countries...again passing mommy up already!  Good thing he has Nick's love of geography and math.  Thankfully for me, he still loves to read every night before bed.  He especially loves his big kid books (no pictures) like Where the Sidewalk Ends and Boxcar Children and I adore getting to share my passion with him too.
We could not be more proud or more in love with this bright, fun little boy!  I'm trying to soak up every minute with him before he goes to kindergarten later this year.


No comments: