Monday, January 20, 2014

January 20, 2014: Bryn at 3

Okay it's Bryn's turn!  I am having so much fun with Bryn at this age.  She is (finally) becoming kind of girly, especially after 3 weeks with Presley...and I love it!  She loves to do "fashion show" where she announces herself coming downstairs every morning so we can see the outfit she picked out, her jewelry (always a necklace), and her hair bow.  And then we all have to ooh and aahh her ;)
She is also just now getting really into her dress-up clothes, as evidenced by playing Cootie with Liam dressed as Belle...
Don't let the girly clothes fool you though, because she's still a tough cookie :)
Still no haircut, just can't bring myself to do it.  I'm still so jealous of her beautiful curls...

We did her 3 year check up a few weeks ago and Bryn is right on track at 29.5 pounds (31%) and 37 inches (39%).  She even impressed her doctor by singing all the states in alphabetical order (thank you Liam)...
Bryn has the appetite of a teenage boy.  She eats 2 bowls of oatmeal with agave, an english muffin, and yogurt for breakfast every day...and then starts asking for snacks about half an hour later!  She will eat anything I put in front of her and is always the first one to thank me for her meal.  She does has a sweet tooth, so when I gave her fruit to dip in Nutella, I was not surprised to see she had gotten out a spoon to try and scrape off the last few bites.  We waste no food with Bryn around :)
She burns it all off though with her ballet/tap (Dallie came for her last recital), scootering around the neighborhood, and of course soccer in the back yard with Daddy and Liam...


Bryn is a great babysitter.  She is very attentive to Nora, talking to her in a cute baby voice and helping her with her toys...
She is still our star bowler and had 3 spares at our last bowing with playgroup...in her minion hat no less :)

Her favorite bedtime book is Press Here...she can recite it from reading it so many times!  Even though she still loves Nick to do her bedtime, as soon as he puts her down she now calls for me to come snuggle her too (which I LOVE!). She is the first to come running when I ask for help with Nora or chores.  She has the best manners as far as please/thank you/mam and sirs.  She still takes a nap everyday, thank goodness!  

She loves pop music, including her beloved Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Justin Timberlake.  Thankfully there's a Kids Bop version of most of her favorite songs.  She loves dancing to the radio especially when Nick lets her dance in his car in the driveway...out the sunroof no less.  I told him he is responsible for this coming back to bite him in 13 years...

Bryn is too cute and KNOWS it!  We love this sweet little girl so much, and yes she has us all wrapped around her little finger :)

No comments: