Well I guess to be fair that kind of describes our life right now. We are always tired, mostly having fun, and while we make small headway at actually getting things done, we're just mostly waking up everyday deciding what we (the kids) want to do that day. (because if the 'dults as Bryn calls us got what we wanted it would be sleep and sushi in that order :)
Hence we decorated for Christmas the first weekend of November. I would say this meant more time to enjoy it, but we had a strand of lights go out on our tree, another is out on our stairs, and then a rabbit chewed through the first strand outside causing them all to go out. Oh well. Er Hita as Grandma would say!
The kids' tree...And then tried to get cute pictures for the Christmas card...
Nora is totally the cynic of the family already.
The kids loved playing with the Lionel train from Dallie...
Making Grinch fruit snacks :)
The first half of Nov was surprisingly warm temperatures...and yes, this is how Liam walks through parking lots. I always tell him he has to hold a dult's hand because he's too short for a car to see him. So his theory was to raise his hand so a car could see it. Love the way he problem-solves...but he's still gotta hold a hand!
The idea of taking three kids on the carousel at playgroup one day was a little worrisome. But now that the 'big' kids can hold on themselves...Nora and I got to sit back and relax :)
I blame the sleep deprivation, but the forgetfulness is killing me! Liam's constantly reminding me to grab my phone before we leave and Bryn always tells me when I forgot to buckle her in. Now if only that light tiny gas light on the car could talk to me too, I might not have missed it for so long.
Luckily we did make it to the gas station. And then got home to realize I forgot to put the gas cap back on. Sigh.
We were so excited to be a part of Amelia and Daniel's gender ultrasound and find out we are having another BOY cousin!!
Cutest ballerina...
We have made it to a couple of Nick's soccer games. It involves quick dinner, late bedtimes, and showing up in food/paint-stained school clothes (and homemade headbands) but it's worth it! The kids love cheering him on!
Playdate making pinecone turkeys with the Haynes family...
Making homemade cookies with mommy...
While reading the comics one day, Liam realized there was a word search in the paper, which he loves. I think he will probably be the only kid in kindergarten who reads the paper next year :)




















No comments:
Post a Comment