Tuesday, November 20, 2012

November 20, 2012: Taking a trimester off...

but with my super long blog absence and bulging tummy, I don't think I can hide it any longer...
Yes that blurry little blob, is our newest baby Barker!!  I thought this photo was funny because it looks so different from my other kids' first ultrasounds, but this little one was hiding way far up so its the best pic the tech could get.  Trey, which means 'third to come',  is our womb name for baby #3.  He/she is due at the end of May 2013 and I'm 12 weeks along. As you can probably tell, I was feeling fine up until about a month ago.  These last few weeks have been rough...major narcolepsy (falling asleep daily at 5pm), dementia (completely forgetting Bryn's birthday party at school! :(, and tummy problems (understatement) is a nice way to say it :)  Luckily everyone around here, including Liam and Bryn, have really stepped up.  Nick's been taking over with the kids and house, Mal and Grandma have been keeping us fed, and Meha stops by just to give the kids a bath.  I really couldn't do it without the whole family, and can't tell them how much I appreciate their help!!  Some highlights of this pregnancy were telling the kids, who might not fully understand but are SO excited.  They love to hug and talk to the baby, although raising my shirt in public to "see" the baby is not a highlight.  It was also fun to hear the baby's heartbeat and watch my little blob on screen.  Not so high points have been the constant nausea/vomiting.  I'm down a pound after 3 months, and when the baby allows me to eat, it's usually some form of white, starchy, carb.  All the healthy changes I made this year are being undone by one lima bean size fetus :(  The kids are loving having cereal, crackers, and frozen waffles back in the house since this is pretty much what my diet consists of these days.  Liquids and meats are not my friend :(
Don't worry though, despite what I'm not eating, this baby seems to be growing juuuust fine...
and just for fun, here is a comparison of my 3 month baby bump with Liam...big difference :)
Overall, we are so thankful for our newest little blessing and can't WAIT to meet Trey.   Now I'm off to start back-blogging because there was too much that happened in Oct/Nov that I need to  keep up!

3 comments:

Kerry Hegele said...

Congratulations Emily!! How exciting! Hope you start feeling better soon.

Ashley and Matt Sheehan said...

I love it. Cant wait to see belly and catch up

Rachel and Cameron said...

Yeah for baby blobs :) hehe Can't wait to meet this newest little one!