Wednesday, November 28, 2012

November 22, 2012: Thanksgiving!

I didn't get a whole lot of photos even though we had almost a whole week of holiday vacation.  Trey is not easing up on me yet, but luckily I had so many helpers around the whole time.  We actually decorated for Christmas the weekend before Thanksgiving.  Grandma flew in town and helped Nick and I get things set up.  Of course the kids decorated their tree too.  Liam has his daddy's childhood sports ornaments and Bryn put up mommy's childhood rocking horse ornaments.  They also have a few from their own collections now...

 Dallie and Mallie brought over MarbleWorks which is something my siblings and I played with all the time 25+ years ago.  (They even kept the rusty, used popcorn tin it's been stored in all these years!) Stood the test of time as Liam and Bryn are obsessed with it!!

 Grandma and kids decorated Christmas cookies...
 well Bryn just ate hers...

 Thanksgiving morning Grandpa, Grandma and Linds were all over to start cooking and watch the Macy's parade.  Here is Bryn doing her high kicks ;)

 Liam was such a big helper that day, setting the table...

 and cooking green bean casserole...

 These are the same kind of plates that my siblings and I have from growing up.  We used them only on holidays.  Now Mallie has purchased them for all the grandkids and the kids were excited to use their special dishes...

 Nick carving his first turkey (that was coincidentally my first turkey to cook!)  Success on both ends :)
 Snuggling up after dinner...
 Bryn has started becoming obsessed with tea parties.  You don't get invited, it's more like a demand :)


 Fighting over the wishbone...
 (I really didn't take many family pics, but here is proof that JE was here too...cheering for the cowboys!)
 He won!  And his wish..."to stay up till 9:00!"  Yes, it came true :)
 One family pic...
 Thanksgiving weekend, Pops and Nana came in town.  We had a great dinner, played some games, and took them to see Christmas lights afterwards, which the kids loved.  Saturday night, it was just our little family of 4, and we went to see the dancing Christmas lights (again) and then had a Christmas movie night with the kids' favorite "Prep and Landing".   I love watching holiday movies with just light from our tree and fireplace :)
We are all thankful for so much this year...our health, baby Trey, family and friends, our beautiful home, great jobs and school, being close to (most) of our family, and all our wonderful adventures and memories.  (And as Bryn said at Thanksgiving dinner, she is thankful for her high chair.  I guess so, since it's the reason she can shovel in a full plate of turkey, mashed potatoes, veggies, jello, dessert, and 3 rolls! :)

No comments: