Actually this is a recap of last weekend because this weekend I'm recuperating. I have shingles and it. is. terrible. The pain goes from dull/annoying to excruciating but never stops :( I've been dealing with this for almost a week and I have forgotten what my body is supposed to feel like without the pain. I guess the positive is knowing that unlike a heart attack (which I seriously thought was what my left-sided rib pain was), this will go away. Nick and our family has been so helpful taking such good care of the kids and me for which I am also really grateful.
Anyway, I'm trying to distract myself, so let's continue...(sorry most pics are off the cell phone)
Last weekend, my mom and I canned tomatoes for the winter! We have been talking about doing this for a while and although it was time-consuming, it wasn't very hard.
We started with 60 lbs of tomatoes from our co-op...

Flash boiled and iced them to peel them easier, cut them and then brought them to a boil...
We added lemon juice and tomatoes to our sterilized jars and then placed them in the stock pot to water boil and seal them...
Voila! My cut of our 24 jars of fresh tomatoes that will be homemade spaghetti, chili, beef stew and many other yummy recipes in the coming months :)
Liam is great at Sorry! He's a good sport, understands the strategy of the game, and is really patient as we help Bryn recognize the numbers and count her moves as well...
One morning before school, when they were just too cute. I put Bryn in her white polo and she looked down at it and said "I [look] like Liam"...I volunteered in Bryn's class to help during picture day at the kids school. Since it wasn't technically a day that they go, Liam got to hang in the class too...
Singing songs in circle time, sitting next to her best friend in red, Krisha...
Getting set up for the class pic...Bryn is next to Jayden and in front of her is Julian and Krisha. She loves her friends and is thriving in her toddler class!
Lots of meals together...
Lots of bonding with movie nights, sleepovers, and games...
Mal, Rach, and I took the kids to the pumpkin patch one morning. It was sunny, crisp day and we had a great time! Feeding goats...
Posing with pumpkins...
Picking out pumpkins and running through the patch...
Hayride...
Playing on the vintage truck...
Hay maze...
The kids loved the hay pumpkins...
Mal teaches every Renfro baby "How big are you?" And they never forget how to respond when they hear it...
We have loved having our favorite cousins in town to play for so long. Although we'll miss them sooo much, we are excited to visit them in Colorado!

































No comments:
Post a Comment