We kicked off Halloween weekend with a party at Amelia and Daniel's new house. It was a great costume party and even Dal dressed up as Big Tex (on fire!)...
On Sunday, we went to the arboretum to see the big pumpkin display. Another great day, sunny and mild, although I didn't get the best photos this time. Both kids were a little tired and whiny and mommy forgot to bring a wagon or stroller (mistake). Since Nick was running around White Rock lake during this time (in prep for his race), there was one point where I was carrying Liam on my back and Bryn on my front-whew! Luckily, Grandma and Linds were with us and we managed to make it through most of the exhibits...
Halloween was on a Wednesday this year, but Nick and I both took off early to make sure we were home in time to go to Scare at the Square. I love making their costumes, but didn't quite have the energy this year. The kids didn't seem to notice though, as they were only to happy to get to pick out Spiderman and Minnie Mouse!
Bryn's first year to really trick or treat...
We met up with the Haynes family, and Liam had so much fun trick or treating with Jackson...After the square, we came home to have dinner with Mal/Dal, Meha and Daniel...and everyone went out to trick or treat around the neighborhood. Liam was so excited...he would run up to every door, ring the bell, step back and wait to yell "trick or treat!!!" Then before they had even closed the door he was shouting thanks over his shoulder as he ran down the side walk shouting "Next house, here we come!" He literally did this same pattern, words and all with every house! Hilarious. Bryn was the silent partner, always quiet and a little behind, but getting close enough to get some candy. Both kids had a great night!
The next day we went to an event held by the kids' dentist where you could donate your candy for money. They ship all the candy overseas to the troops. I was so proud as the kids put there candy up there and made $5 for 5 lbs of candy!!
Bryn writing her letter to the troops...Liam was not so sure once he saw them take his candy away...but he was much better that night when he realized I had saved him 5 pieces as I promised and he got to put the money his piggy bank :)
And even though Halloween is over, the super heroes still fight crime around here...watch out Joker in the office and Catwoman in the laundry room because Spiderman and Super Brynnie will find you!





















No comments:
Post a Comment