Saturday, January 28, 2012

January 28, 2012: Random Wrap-Up

Since it's the end of the month, I decided to do a post with all my phone pics of what we've been up to in 2012...not gonna lie, this phone takes some pretty decent pictures....

Dal took me to my first Mavs game!! As you can see, we had pretty great seats!

 Batman/Superman has been very present at our house (and the grocery store) lately...saving us, produce, and chalk as the need arises :)


 These next pictures mark one of the scariest/funniest moments with Bryn.  One afternoon I was doing laundry while Liam was playing upstairs in the playroom.  Bryn was playing downstairs in the living room.  It was probably less than 2 minutes that I was in the laundry but when I walked back out, I didn't see Bryn.  Called her name, walked towards the dining room...no Bryn.  Then I backtracked to my room, bathroom and closet.  As I ran back through I realized I left the gate to the stairs open.  I was starting to run up them when I heard giggling...from under an over-turned laundry basket that I had run past 3 times!!  And there she was...

 Lynn threw Daniel and Meha a fun bowling wedding shower!



Liam can officially write...his name, our names, words we spell out for him...it's amazing!!  Of course, I didn't really realize he could do this till we were killing time at the doctor's, note his yucky eye :)  More on all his cool new skills next month at his 3.5 yr post...
 So I heard about a co-op in our area from a friend.  I was just starting to really get into the Santa Monica co-op right before we moved and of course I was obsessed with our local farmer's market.  I have tried the markets here, but after doing the LA one for so long, I was kind of disappointed.  So I was very excited to here about this co-op in which you pay 15$ and pick up a basket of fruits/veggies...you don't get to choose, but you do get a lot for your money from local farmers.  So we decided to try it.  Bryn came with me to pick up our basket...luckily she slept through the wait and was snuggled warm (because today it was actually winter-ish weather!).
 Snug baby ;)
 Waiting in line...
 Here's the baskets laid out...you get one fruit and one veggie...this is about 1/4 of how many baskets there were total.  You pack them in whatever you brought (bags, box, laundry basket) and take it home!
Here's our $15 loot!!  Potatoes, cabbage, pears, oranges, blueberries, apples, asparagus, romaine lettuce, onions, tomatoes, green peppers, and green beans.  
 I realize how lucky am I that we are not picky eaters...both kids were very excited to pick their fruits for snacks and veggies for dinner today...
Bryn has not quite been feeling herself...a little moody...

chomping, chewing, biting on everything...
 and FINALLY...just shy of 15 months...Bryn's 1st tooth!!
Here's another fauxtoshoot on a warmer afternoon this week...love seeing their natural poses and expressions....love their curls...love that they have so many awesome hand-me downs (his from Max, her's from Pres)...love their amazing blue eyes (although wouldn't mind one child with green, sigh...) but mostly just LOVE these babies!!






1 comment:

Meghan said...

Your children are beautiful!! I'm glad Texas is suiting you well. It's nice being near family. Meghan