Tuesday, October 6, 2009

October 6, 2009: It's officially Fall!

I feel like our life is on warp speed right now...it's just going by so fast! Liam is doing awesome, thriving, HEALTHY, and so happy. He's back on dairy and doing really well. He's learning to say please "puh" and we are working on the art of patience :) He's started having tantrums and a new hitting behavior that he must have picked up at school. I don't mind letting him cry/scream out his tantrums because they usually last 5 seconds before he realizes we aren't paying attention anymore. But this hitting business is not cool...right now we are just saying "no" but I guess we might have to pick out a "naughty spot" soon. I guess we are baby experts, but still novices at raising a toddler :) Work is going well for Nick, same old but nice and steady. Work for me on the other hand is just starting to pick up. Now that the cold/flu season is upon us...and that every parent is convinced their child has swine flu...we are seeing hundreds of patients every day. I still love it, but am exhausted after days like today where I spent my lunch break looking at rashes and doing rapid flu tests. I still feel lucky though that even on days like this, I absolutely love being a PNP...and love it even more since I work part-time :) So excited for the next two days of hanging with Liam! Here's what we've been up to...

Liam and I had a lunch date with Stacey where she treated him to his first Vanilla Cupcake baby!
Liam's 5 teeth!! Now where are all the rest?
One of Liam's new favorite foods...tacos salad!
Liam and I on a lunch date...We split a turkey sandwhich and potato salad and gossiped about who's the cutest girl in his class, Harper or Isabella. I hope he still "dates" me when he's a teenager :)
Greeting Daddy when he gets home from work...Liam and I had just spent the afternoon at the park where I was roped into a baseball conversation with two 7 year old boys because Liam was wearing his Rangers shirt and they were playing the Angels. I can't wait till little man is spouting off stats like Nick :)
Grandma Debbie was here this past weekend to watch Liam while Nick and I attended Drew and Liz's wedding. We were both in the wedding so our weekend was full of events with the happy couple. We had an awesome time with everyone and were so honored to stand up for such a well-suited couple :)
Since the wedding was about 20 miles away (that's an hour in LA driving time!), Nick and I stayed at the wedding hotel. A night out with all our friends was much needed and appreciated...thanks Grandma Debbie!
It's truly fall in LA and our temps are now in the high 60s, low 70s...brrr :) Liam's getting to wear his cute, new winter clothes (hooded jackets and socks/sneakers, as opposed to sandals). What can I say, I love LA weather!
October is a big month with our 3 year anniversary, Meha's visit , and Liam's first Halloween to trick-or-treat coming up! First things first though...Liam and I are getting our flu shots together tomorrow at my office. Then it's off to story time and the park to make up for the shot :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOu are the best Mommy EVERRRRRRRR

Anonymous said...

Emily.

Just reading your blog wears me out. Sounds like you guys are having all kinds of fun. Liam is getting to be such a big boy!

Hope to see you all soon,
Shannon

Anonymous said...

You are a smart GT baby , Liam. You never cease to amaze Grandma with everything you know already. You really didnt want to stop pointing out those animals.!!

Love, Grandma