Monday, April 6, 2009

April 6, 2009: We're under quarantine!

Okay not really, that's a little dramatic...but we all have been really sick for the past week. I think it started with Nick who had a bad case of bronchitis. Of course he continued to work, doped up on cough meds, motrin, chloraseptic spray...refusing to go the doctor until Friday when he finally got a prescription...that he refused to take. That's such a male thing to do! Meanwhile I got sick. I won't point fingers but you get the idea. However, I'm not as tough as Nick and frankly I can't just be coughing all over my patients, so I am going to the doctor's today. And worst of all is poor baby Liam. Hopefully unrelated to us, came down with pink eye and another ear infection. I took him in right away and started another antibiotic by mouth for this ear and eye drops for his eye. Now his eye was goopy and a little pink, but after starting the drops, they started getting swollen and red around the outside of the eye. He looked like a raccoon and was definitely miserable trying to open his little, puffy eyes. He even started to have little hemorrhages in each of his eye, which was probably the scariest looking part of it. So I stopped the drops and took him to an ophthalmologist who agreed he was probably the 1% who had a reaction to the drops. So since then we started new drops and the raccoon look has faded, thankfully! This all of course could not have happened at a busier time. Nick had one of his toughest weeks at work and I'm in the middle of the biggest paper of my life...it holds the fate of my Master's degree! We've been working through it though and are almost all on the mend. Here are some pictures of Liam during our rough week...
Finally feeling (and looking) better this weekend, Liam hung out with his daddy getting in some serious boy time including the Man U game on TV, tossing a baseball with our 6 year old neighbor, BBQ with Vandy Soccer boys...all so I could write my paper.
Can you tell who dressed Liam this morning in his Lakers jersey and Adidas pants? Thank goodness he's a boy, I don't think Nick is ready for bows, sparkles and pink yet :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little Man Dresses like a Stud:
Nice work Daddy

Anonymous said...

oh his eyes look so sad!!!! I'm so glad he's back to normal, that is just so pitiful looking! -rachey

Anonymous said...

Could you put the picture of Nick Liam and the boys also this one with Nick and Liam on the SnapFish please

Pops

Kel said...

totally spotted Knuffle Bunny! Can't wait until he can read those words with you...

Anonymous said...

happy Easter Liam!! lovelovelove, mallie