Sunday, May 11, 2014

May 11, 2014: Mother's Day

I had such a great weekend being spoiled and getting to celebrate the amazing mothers in my life.

Here are the amazing cards, pictures, flowers (from Meha) and gifts the kids made me (in English and Spanish :) that I received...
 I love that he creates, writes, and spells his own cards...the front says Ha"pea" Memoshi with a picture of peas on it!  Memoshi is one of his silly names for me.  This will be one of my favorite cards forever :)
 Saturday we had Mallie/Dallie, Grandma/Grandpa, the Felters, and Linds/JE over for a cook out and game night.  Wish I had more pictures, it was a great night with lots of fun memories playing our new favorite game "Things".   It was also a good excuse to all get some lovin' with Fox :)  Here is Linds snuggling Fox...
 Bryn helping feed Fox...
More snuggles with my Godson...

The next day Dallie took us all out to brunch at the Original Pancake House...

Nora had a diaper "malfunction" and since I had no change of clothes in the diaper bag, this is how she ended up.  Just goes to show, no matter how many mommy years I get under my belt there's always mistakes to be made and lessons to be learned!

Nick gifted Amelia and I with a cooking class through Central Market.  We went on Greek night and cooked for 3 hours, making a delicious feast!  We learned a lot of good kitchen skills and it was a fun girls night out for us...

 Even though it's been a busy year, it just keeps getting better.  I have recently cut back some of my work hours which has made my work/home life balance much easier to handle, but more so, much more enjoyable.  I am so grateful to have my whole family supporting us and my career because it definitely takes all of them some time to coordinate around my work schedule.  I love that I am home earlier and can cook every night for my family.  I have more time to work out (if you count my 10 min work out app where I use spaghetti squash as my hand weight-true story) and feel less stressed knowing I can keep up with the laundry and dishes.  I take the kids on a walk/scooter ride to the park after dinner each day no matter how tired I am and love this extra time with them.  Nick's been on a tough job this year, but I'm so grateful because I know I couldn't be doing all I am with the kids without his hard work.  Thanks to these peeps I truly feel like I have it all!

No comments: