Friday, August 2, 2013

July 21, 2013: Two Months Old!

Whoops, lots of catching up for the last month :)

Look who's getting soooo big.  Nora is such a doll and so much fun at 2 months old!  She weighs 10 lbs 4 oz (49th%), is 22 1/4 in long (60th%), and head circumference is 14 3/4 in (30th%).
 Nora is still nursing great and doing well on her zantac.  She even tricked Nick the first time he gave it to her.  It tastes terrible so she usually fusses a little when taking it.  One night he gave it to her and she didn't make a peep.  He was so proud of himself until about 2 minutes later...when she just started blowing raspberries spitting all of the medicine out.  I love that she stored it in her cheeks and tried to get away with it while Mommy wasn't looking :)  Nora takes a few good naps during the day, usually one the same time as the Bryn's.  She's sleeping pretty well at night too on her wedge. I did love sleeping with Liam and Bryn in our bed, but because of Nora's reflux she needs to be elevated on the wedge in her pack n play next to our bed.  She goes down around 10:30, eats around 3-4 am and then ALWAYS wakes up at 6am....without fail.  I actually don't mind the night feeding, as my body has adjusted to it.  But I will never be a morning person and 6 am still hurts.  Although after that feeding she will lay in bed with me for a while usually just watching the fan...this is when I get my snuggle time so it's def worth it :)  I guess my little alarm clock will come in handy when I start back at work because that's what time we are going to need to get up for me to get myself and 3 kids up, fed, dressed and off to school/work.  Nora is so smiley with lots of cooing now.
But we still love her most common facial expression, which is pretty serious for a newborn.  Honestly she is so her daddy with that face, thinking and analyzing her world...and looking at us like we are all crazy  :)
Nora did great with her first set of vaccines...(yes, there go those brows again!)
 I remember keeping Liam home for 2 days after his shots to monitor him...Nora headed to lay out by the pool right after hers :)
Maybe it's that I'm calmer this time around, but I still think she's my easiest baby, just going along with the craziness around here.  She does not like to have a dirty diaper, so she really only cries when she needs to be changed or fed.  I realize this might be normal for most babies but my other kids seemed to do the crying-for-no-reason..a lot :)  It doesn't take a lot to make her happy.  She loves playing on the jungle mat and doing tummy time with Bryn.  She loves her swing and when Liam talks to her...he will often attend to her before I even notice that she's dropped her paci or spit up.  She loves when her daddy sings to her and plays with her while she kicks and bats her arms.  She loves to be carried in the Bjorn and if I wasn't always holding her, I'd probably have some pictures of her in it.  Even though life is a little crazy and overwhelming at times, I really notice myself being more in the moment with Nora.  She's already growing up too fast, and although I don't have as many pictures we are making lots of wonderful memories :)

No comments: