Monday, March 11, 2013

March 11, 2013: Troublemaker Trey

Well I went in for what should have been my quick 7 month appointment on Friday.  At the end of the appointment the doctor went to listen to Trey's heartbeat with the doppler like always.  Only this time, his/her heart rate was low....so low that my doctor started taking my pulse at the same time, seeing if maybe it was picking up me instead.  Unfortunately it wasn't and she quickly set me up, turned me on the left side and then placed me on the monitor for 15 minutes.
Although the heart rate went up to the 150s, there was 2 more periods of decelerations in the 120s during that short time frame.  Since they can't do long term monitoring at the office, I was sent over to L&D for a few hours of monitoring and a 4d ultrasound.  I actually wasn't too worried because Trey was still moving a TON.  Although there was a few more decels, the ultrasound confirmed that Trey is thriving!  Of course they reassured me that the fluid level was great and that the cord blood had good blood flow and wasn't being compressed.  Then I got to watch Trey in 4d which was amazing...I saw him/her yawn, smile, practice exhaling, and learned he/she is still breech.  The perinatologist also told me that he/she already has hair, and he literally went from head to toe pointing out all organs and counting fingers/toes.  Even though Nick had just left the hospital to get the kids and missed the ultrasound, I still didn't peek at the gender and made sure to turn my head when we got to that area.  By this point, I do really want to find out, but I know the surprise on that day will be so worth it.  So overall, Trey is just a happy little troublemaker....and he/she's a little sensitive to my positioning so I am sleeping angled upright and flipping side to side.  Super fun, but only a couple more months, so I can do it.  And thanks to my photographer Liam, here I am at 28 weeks...
Although I am so excited for Trey to be here (and technically ready because I've been majorly nesting!)...
I still want Trey to have a little more time.

We've had a fun March so far...

Donuts at our favorite little shop down the street...

One Friday for lent, I went to make salmon and butternut squash which is one of our favorite meals.  I went to add another veggie and without thinking about it, steamed carrots.  So as you might guess we ended up with an 'orange meal'.  Oh well, the kids thought it was great :)
The kids have been helping me cook dinners, especially since both Nick and my work schedules have been super busy with later nights.  One night Liam told me "When I'm 6 you can just play with Trey and I'll make dinner".  I will totally take you up on that kid, even if dinner is cereal :)

The kids especially love making our own pizzas.  Liam makes the "boy" pizza (sausage, mushroom, pepperoni) and Bryn makes the "girl" pizza (sausage, green pepper, onions, mushrooms).

Special thanks to Mallie for keeping the kids while I picked up extra shifts and to Meha for filling in for mommy and me gymnastics :)
The kids are playing soooo well together.  Liam and Bryn wanted to paint one day, but we could only find one paint brush.  So they each took turns painting their own pictures and passing the brush in between for almost 45  minutes.  It was so sweet :)  Lately they like to do art together at the table...
And Liam reads Bryn books in their new fort...
Liam continues to rock at soccer, scoring 4 goals in his last game which Pops came in town to watch...
The kids and I went to Mia and Cate's birthday party where they got to ride horses...and despite Bryn's face when I backed up to take the pic, she loved it as well!

And since we have set the clocks forward, the kids have enjoyed playing outside after school and work.  Tonight Liam ran over to give me the flower he picked for me :)  

No comments: