Sunday, April 29, 2012

April 19-23, 2012: Ft. Benning (Princess Party and a Fairy Godmother!)

Last weekend Liam, Bryn, and I went to Georgia (with Mal and Dal) for Presley's 3rd birthday and David's baptism. We missed Nick, who stayed to work, but it was a great, whirlwind vacation!

Since we were flying with American Airline VIPs (Mal/Dal) we got to go the Admirals Club...Bryn likes rolling 1st class style..
 She continued to enjoy this status when we got bumped up so that we had a larger row where she could sit, walk around and play right in front of our seats...

 The boys row was right behind the girls row...
 The first thing Liam said when we landed "I've never been to this state before!"  Georgia is the 8th state he has visited now :)
 I didn't get any pictures from our first night in, but here is the next morning.  Liam and Pres would play together in her bedroom for hours...there might have been cars and dinosaurs in the dollhouse, but all were happy!
After getting up, Rach and I took the kids to the park...no room in the wagon for Bryn so I strapped her to my back...
Perfect park weather with the sweetest cousins!
Bryn didn't get the memo that she's not 3 years old...because she did everything "the boys" (as she called Liam and Pres) did!




When Pres couldn't find Liam in hide-n-seel, I told her to "open her eyes"  :)


While kids were napping and adults were running errands, I had playtime/phototime with baby DC...


The kids woke up just in time to help me give David a bottle...


Friday night, Princess Pres opened family gifts...
She let Liam help open all her gifts...
Liam and Bryn gave her Pretty Pretty Princess....
and Ariel...I think she liked them :)
Here is Bryn trying out Pres' new beanbag from Mallie/Dallie...
Cameron figured out the way to Bryn's heart...


The favorite gift...was actually the large box the beanbag came in!! The hid in it, played cars in it, and decorated the whole box!

Pres was excited to learn how to play her new game...
And my competitive little board-gamer, had to play as well!
In it to win it :)
Saturday morning breakfast...I swear they did eat food other than donuts...
Uncle Tim and Aunt Debbie bought a bear for all the kids...Liam immediately named his "Fast"...
and then offered to call Bryn's bear "Slow"...but she opted for the name "Bear" instead :)
and Pres was very happy with her new bear "Princess Pillow"

I was very honored to be asked to be David's Godmother...even more so that he asked me himself!
The baptism was in this beautiful chapel on base...

Parents and Godparents
Even more special...Uncle Tim (my co-godparent for David) is MY Godfather...so he's a pro :)
The fam
Grandparents and grandbabies
Hmm, Bryn is getting a little big for Pres' lap...maybe it's time to cut back on the donuts!
Pres was so sweet and attentive to Bryn this whole weekend, teaching her all her princess knowlege...
My Godson...might not be a fairy Godmother but I'm gonna do my best!
After lunch and naps, we all got ready for the princess birthday party.  Pres lent Bryn a dress and tiara...which she LOVED and wore the whole afternoon!! Meet Sleeping Beauty...
and Cinderella :)  Maybe the other mommies didn't read the invitation but it said dress up like a princess, so here I am...
Decorating crowns...
Batman at the party...

Bryn and her 3 year old friends :)


Pres was so excited about the fabulous Belle cake Rachel made!
I caught Bryn and Dallie sharing (multiple) cupcakes and ice cream all afternoon...


New bffs :)
Every night Dallie did story time with Liam and Bryn, which they loved...
almost as much as they loved whispering and sleeping in the same bed.  Almost nightly I had to go in after an hour of whispering and giggling to tell them to go to sleep...not sure how they actually got any sleep from their positions :)
On Sunday Cameron took us to see the motor pool and tanks which was so cool for all of us...
Liam's favorite was the Bradley which Cameron was in for his first tour in Iraq...

Another smaller tank (forgot name)
This was on the Abrams tank which was Cameron's 2nd tour.  It was surreal to see them up close and made us very proud for what Cameron does every day!
Sunday afternoon we tried to get a mini photo shoot of the cousins.  We literally had like 10 minutes in the back yard, but I think I got some cute ones...
Sweet babies held hands throughout...
Liam is 9 months older than Pres, Pres is 18 months older than Bryn, and Bryn is 1 year (almost to the day) older than David...reminds me of our cousins growing up and how close we were :)



The boys...


Baby DC just about had it with me by this time, but I still think it's cute

We had a down-home dinner at a local restaurant that night, and here are the kids walking to the car...I love how protective they all are of each other...
Love the 4 in a tub...so did they!
Mallie's pick of our row on the way home...Bryn is sad she didn't get bumped up again...kidding, kidding!
Nick was waiting at the airport with a sign for Liam Barker, which he loved of course.  We stopped at Cracker Barrel on the way home for dinner and within our hour there Liam had almost mastered that silly peg game...
Not surprising though, because we got wonderful reports from both their teachers at our parent/teacher conferences this week.  Will have to scan and post some of their great work and reports next, but overall we could not be prouder!   We were so happy to share such a special weekend with the miff family and are excited to have them to our house in just a few weeks!!

1 comment:

Rachel and Cameron said...

We are so glad you all (minus Uncle Nick) were able to come for Presley's party and David's baptism. It was so wonderful to have so much of our family here. Thank you for making the trip. We are glad we've been able to see yall so often. Can't wait for our next visit in May!