This past weekend Nick and I snuck off to New Orleans for our 8th (and final) wedding of the year (out of the 10 we were invited to...not bad odds considering only one was in the DFW area)! This was a fun wedding because it was one of Nick's soccer friends that he played with since childhood, Jason. Huge thanks to Mal who kept the kids for the weekend, sounds like all 3 of them wore each other out :)
We flew in Friday and had eggs/grits for breakfast, walked around the French Quarter, shopped, gambled, and had shrimp po-boys for lunch. Have to mention to that the weather was absolutely perfect the whole weekend, sunny and mid-60s! Friday night we stayed with our friends from Vandy/LA, Juan and Val. That night another couple from Vandy/LA, Terry and Vanessa, was in town and we all went to dinner at Palace Cafe. So much fun to catch up with friends and such amazing food all weekend! We walked around Bourbon and took in the crazy nola nightlife :)
Saturday we met up with Chris, Debbie, and Linds who came in town for the wedding as well. We did some sightseeing...I loved the St. Louis Cathedral...
The Mississippi...
Very windy off the water...
We enjoyed more great food, including authentic muffalettas...
And we caught a parade down Canal Street....This city knows how to do parades :)
The girls were in it for the beads!
Success :)
All dressed up for the wedding...beautiful ceremony, amazing food and band...such a great night!
We had such a good time partying with so many of Nick's friends, a lot of soccer guys and friends from high school as well. I love that Nick and I have been together for so many years. I literally met some of these guys after freshman year at Vandy when I first visited Nick in Houston. I have partied with these guys a few times throughout college, and many times after...even lived with some out in LA. We don't see them often, but it's always a fun time when we do as they are still a rowdy group...
We have loved attending so many weddings this year...it has been an honor to be part of so many of our close friends and family events...and it wasn't too bad taking forced vacations (New Orleans twice, LA, Houston, Nashville twice, Maryland, and Fort. Worth) either :) That being said, we are happy to be home-bound for a while, getting ready for the holidays and hanging with the kiddos!


No comments:
Post a Comment