But before we get into that I have to post pics of what we've been up to in early June. Pres and Rach were in town and we loved having them stay and play with us! I think Presley just thinks of this as a second home :) Even if it's just for a few days/weeks at a time, we love getting in time with them. Liam and Pres are really buddies now, into all the same things and playing really well together...


We have been playing with our friends and met them for a play/lunch date at the mall...here is Liam with James and Davey and Bryn with Sophie...
They really do get out of their carseats...it's just not easy to take their picture since my camera hand is holding Bryn :)
We also went to Daniel and Amelia's engagement dinner! Tippy babysat Liam but because Bryn is a little more needy at night we took her along...she def enjoyed herself with the happy couple!And even though it was a little early we celebrated Father's Day with Nick since we wouldn't be with him on the actual day. Nick got some new polos, the latest printed copies of our blog, and a book on the Rangers last season...



Then we had a swim at our pool... 

That night we took at evening swim at my parent's pool. After swim lessons, Liam has learned to swim short distances under water! I'll post a video of this soon
So back to our title, we really did ride the highway...all night long literally! Dal, Mal, Meha, the kids and I drove to KY overnight...well Dal did the driving while the rest of us slept :) To say we were packed in the car is an understatement... 

THe kids slept during the night and were happily occupied during the last few hours of the morning...Bryn watched her first Baby Einstein movie!
It was worth the drive because we had so much fun seeing all our family.
We stayed with Max and Olivia who were the best babysitters ever! Liam and Pres really look up to them and they were so sweet and gentle with Bryn...






Max and Olivia shared all their toys, including a bounce house! This of course was a big hit...


Liam has now learned how to play tag and hide and go seek with Max and Olivia...not much of a hider yet though :)
Liam, Bryn and I shared a room together in Louisville. It was the first time that they have slept in the same room and they did really well. Liam was really quiet for her and when she cried out in the night (yes, STILL waking up, urgh), I would hear Liam whispering "shh shh shh, it's okay Brynnie" So sweet :) I also snapped this pic of him snuggling her one morning while I got dressed. I was in the attached bathroom and heard him tell her "You're my best friend forever Brynnie"...
We had a great night playing at Kevin and Toni's house and hanging with our cousins Meredith Cameron and Olivia. They even had their old toys to bring out for Liam and Pres who had a ball!



Since we were with Dallie on Father's Day we got to celebrate with him...
We had some crazy weather in KY including big tornadoes that left us hiding in the basement for hours! But when it was nice, we were able to enjoy playing outside...


We had fun seeing the Bacon family, one day just hanging out at the house and the next day going to the bounce house! My younger cousins were fun playmates for the kids as were my older cousins kids who are around the same age as Liam and Pres.
Bryn meeting Pop (my grandfather) for the first time...
Time to bounce!! We met my cousins Adam and Jill's kids...Cora, Ameila (sisters), Jenna, Rachel and Will (triplets)...
Trying to get a picture of all the Bacon grandchildren...one of the triplets, Will, wasn't in the group shot so I got one of just him...
Then we went over to Tim and Deb's to get together with all the Renfro's!




Bryn was very friendly the whole visit, but especially loved my cousin Tim :)
Tim and Deb babysat the three kids one night with Mal so the Renfro cousins could go to dinner. We had a great dinner at J. Alexander's, one of my favorites!

We left Louisville and headed to Nashville where we got to meet up with the Brien family for an afternoon. Still can't believe that it's been almost 12 years since I met them!! Liam played his first video game with Peyton (Cars of course) and I got to catch up with my girls, Corinne and Celia...


Nick had to work while we were in KY, but he flew in for the weekend and met us in Nashville. Nick and I left the kids with Mal and Keila and headed to Tims Ford Lake to watch my best friend Allison get married!! It was such a nice weekend and so fun to catch up with my high school girls...


Cannot believe we have been friends for 15 years now...love my fab 5 Jessica, Alli, Candy and Rach :)

You know it's a good party when everyone ends up dancing in the pool!
We had such a good week, but it was finally time to head back to Texas. Nick stepped up to the plate and was able to pack us all and ALLLL our luggage in the car/topper...although, as you can see, it did require some above-and-beyond measures :) Dal had driven us out but now it was Nick (and Ameila)'s turn! This time we drove through one full day using lots of quick stops, food and movies to help pass the time...
Sorry this blog took soooo long to get out. I am having major computer problems and it took me weeks of bouncing between 3 computers, 1 external hard drive, hundreds of pictures and basically just giving up writing that much to just get this posted. Hoping to look into getting a new computer soon so I can keep this up to date. We are already in the middle of a busy July that I'll update soon...and just around the corner, someone is about to turn 3 years old!! 

No comments:
Post a Comment