Saturday, February 12, 2011

February 12, 2011: The 'Miff's Going Away Party!

I guess I will finally admit that my sister and her family are moving away...although I really won't believe it till they are gone. It's hard saying goodbye, but since we must, we decided to send them out with a fiesta! We hosted a party at our house with Mal and Dal...with Chuy's catering, a margaita machine, and a babysitter to keep the kids occupied upstairs so they adults could enjoy the margarits downstairs :) No captions but let's just say the night started off crazy and ended even crazier!

Looks like someone partied too hard the night before and passed out in the wrong bed :)
I can't begin to describe how much we will miss Cameron, Rach and Pres. We are so proud of their service to our country, yet selfishly wish they would stay in Dallas with us. I can truly say that I have never been closer to my sister in our lives as I have been since we have lived here. I was not the sweetest older sister growing up, and now as an adult I have truly enjoyed finding a best friend within Rachel. I have loved seeing our husbands grow into brothers and watching our kids play, love (and fight) as siblings. No matter what the future brings I will always be grateful for the small amount of time that our family whole lived together in Dallas...

1 comment:

Rachel and Cameron said...

While it is true... Emily wasn't the nicest to me growing up, we have been really close while living together in Texas (and really since we've gotten out of high school). It has been SO much fun being in the same playgroup and being so close with Liam and Bryn. I have really enjoyed watching after Liam and sharing so much with him. I love feeling so close and bonded with him over our playdates and time while Emily was at work. I am going to miss watching him and Pres grow up together.... it has been so nice to see them get so excited to play every day. I love how close they are and that they've done gymnastics, birthday parties, park playdates and so much together. I know Presley is going to miss seeing his face every day! We are so sad to leave you all. Thanks for all that you have done for us. The support you all give us means more than you will ever know!! We love you all so much and can't wait to come back for sleepovers at your place!!