Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March 2, 2010: Are you smarter than....an 18 month old?

Cause I'm not so sure I am anymore :) Liam is such a sponge, just absorbing everything he can. I have two videos of him doing his alphabet and counting. We sing the alphabet song and Liam fills in some letters. I try to skip different ones every time so he can learn the order. I hear him trying to sing it by himself but only in peices like "A,C,D" "O,P" "R,S" "T, UUUUU" (his U , V, and Y are usually very emphasized :) He is also counting to 10! In the video my camera died at 8 so he didn't get to finish it, but he usually does.



I'm trying to keep track of his new phrases so sorry if "Liam talk" is getting redundant in this blog. It's just so darn cute! His new ones are "rehy set go!" "bath time baby!" (when you ask if he wants to take a bath) "O' bah" (when asked who the President is...yes, Mal taught him that). He also loves to say "oh man" "oh no" "no way" all the time. He uses them in the funniest ways, like saying "oh no har" when I was letting my hair air dry...to be fair, he was right, my hair looked a mess :)

Liam also loves cards and has his own deck that he keeps in his highchair to play with while I cook. He can recognize the jack, queen, king, and ace so it's very dangerous to have him in your lap while playing because he will announce your hand to everyone! He also loves to color in his coloring book and actually does color on the paper...and his highchair, clothes, and everything else he can reach :) His favorite shows right now are "trains" (Chugginton, a Disney cartoon about trains) and "mick mou" (The Mickey Mouse Club). He also still likes his "siiiid" (Sid the Science Kid) and "e'mo" or "street street" (Sesame Street) on PBS. And he occasionally watches "door" (Dora) mostly because he loves Swiper.

Two weekends ago, Pops and Nana came in town to celebrate Pops' birthday with us! We had a very relaxing weekend and took them to some of our favorite spots...

Celebration Park...





and Babe's!
We had a great weekend and were so glad they came to visit!

We went to a new bounce place with Liam's friends Jackson and Michael. Liam was scared at first, but once I climbed up with him, he LOVED to bounce. I even went down the really big slide with him...twice! This slide is so big my stomach flipped going down. But (despite his face in the picture) he just got off and said "mo slide" :)



These last two weeks Liam celebrated 3 friends 1st birthdays: Ari, Madee, and Mia! Here he is at Ari's party hanging with his friends from left to right Michael (crying due to no nap!), Jackson, Ari, Michael, Liam and Davey. These are the kids (plus James, another Jackson, and Maddy not picutred) that Liam plays with every Friday. We love our playgroup and I feel so fortunate to have found such wonderful women and sweet kids to hang out with!



Here is Liam at Madee and Mia's joint party. Rachy and Pres were there too, of course :) Liam played (mostly) very gently around the younger babies/toddlers and we are so lucky he has all these little friends too! If he was smart he would continue to hang out with Presley's girlfriends, cause one day he'll be begging her to set him up!


Hmm, mabye we had a little too much birthday cake wild man!

Liam also started eating peanut butter this week! He ate it, but I could tell it's not a favorite yet. Don't worry, I smushed it with strawberry jelly too :)Liam and Pres had some playtime with Dallie (and Mallie!) before his trip to Germany.
Liam loves to "flyyyyy" and always asks to be thrown in the air...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

smarter than an 18 month old...heck that's the kind of stuff we did in kinder! i just can't get over how much liam learns everyday..can't wait to see
everyone
love grandma debbie

Rachel and Cameron said...

Yeah, Liam! It looks like you are having a fun time in Texas. We love playing with you almost every day. You are the smartest kid I know!!

Ashley and Matt Sheehan said...

uhm and he is the SMARTEST kid I know, too!!!!!!!! Wowee.. my brain hurts already :) Thanks for coming yesterday sweet Liam.. Mia loves her present. Now if only Mallie would cook for us everyday so she could use her new eating gear ;)

Amee said...

Smarty pants! I even get confused on the alphabet when letters are skipped! So glad you and Liam could join us to celebrate Mia and Madee's birthdays! Madee is already obsessing over her books :-)

The Haynes Family said...

Hey Emily!!!! I didn't know that you blog! I'm not very good at keeping up with mine, but I love to read!! I'm going to add you to my blog list :) See you this Friday!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.