He.Repeats.Everything. So we've all had to alter our speech...not that I have a bad mouth, but who doesn't mutter crap! occasionally? Anyway, my new curse word is crikey. Yes, it's very uncool and outdated, but sounds a lot cuter when he repeats "Cripey" rather than "Crap" (which he did say...once.)
He still gets put in time out a few times a week. Since we started this about a month ago though, he's already learned from it. He does not hit nearly as much. I mean he is a little boy, so some of that is part of the territory, right? Oh well. Anyway, he usually goes into time out because he's crying/whining. I guess that sounds mean, but he only sits there for a minute and I think it helps him get his emotions in check so he can try to show/verbalize what he needs. Just today, when he was having a meltdown while I made dinner, I crouched down and asked him to please stop whining and use his words (something I say a million times a day I feel like). Well he continued to cry for a minute or two, which I tried to ignore since it was not the behavior I wanted to see. Lo and behold he finally goes and sits down on the naughty spot himself! He cries there for a minute and I go over to him and ask him if he's ready to get up. He stands up, hugs me, and mumbles his "sowee"...then he's off to play again. I don't blame him...there are many times mommy would like a time out during the day :)
Liam has always been so helpful. He loves to sing the clean up song...well at least the first verse "Clee up" while he works. He has mastered picking up his toys, so he was ready for his next chore....
I'm kidding!! This is not his chore, just a favorite new game he has. He loves to sweep, I think mostly because this brush and dust pan are just his size :)
Here are the 18 month stats: Weight: 24.5 lbs (30th%) Height: 33.75in (75th%) Head circumference: 19.5in (95th%)...his head is back on the charts, yay! So he didn't gain much weight, but he grew almost 2 inches! Long and lean, not too bad. He's such good, well-rounded eater that I don't really have any complaints. But Mal was concerned about his weight so she started him on the ice cream diet :)
Life is so fun right now. I loved Liam being a baby, but am very happy with my sweet, talkative, emotional, expressive, smart, active, sporty, inquisitive, beautiful (handsome) toddler! Happy half birthday Liam!!
4 comments:
Happy Half Birthday, Liam! You are growing up into a great little boy. You teach Presley something new every time we see you. She loves hanging out and learning new things from cousin liam!
i have read this blog over and over again and i enjoy it ever so much each time i read it !
love grandma d.
Nick and Emmy: What a beautiful (yes Emmy... you can say he's beautiful) young man you have. You both are amazing parents and he is so lucky to have you guys... as you are just as lucky to have him. Enjoy every minute because you will blink and he will be going to high school!! We hope to see you soon!! Maybe you can come and catch one of Carson's baseball games or Mayce's softball games. All My Love - Aunt Steph
Emily & Nick, what a smart handsome little man you have. I can't wait to play with Liam. He is such a doll baby. Can't wait to see you all. Love you guys. Aunt Debbie from the Ville
Post a Comment