February 15, 2010: Snow Days, Mall Days, Valentine's Day, and Mardi Gras!
This month has been busy as ever. Liam's been playing hard with his family and new friends. Here's what Liam's been up to: (For the record he is having a ball in all these pictures...he's just at that age where he won't smile on command anymore...but I promise he's having fun!)Snow!! Dallas had record breaking snow (11-12 inches) and we definitely took full advantage. I bundled Liam up (in our makeshift snow gear and some snow boots borrowed from my cousin Olivia! Yes, they are pink...Liam's just man enough to wear them) and we went out with Rach, Cam, and Pres who got 'snowed in' with us. Liam built a snowman, who he aptly named Sid. He also went sledding (ghetto style) with Presley in a laundry basket...again we weren't exactly prepared but totally made this work!







When we weren't playing outside in the cold, we were staying warm playing inside at the mall. These indoor playgrounds are growing on me. I don't love that there are big kids who play rough and that I still have to chase him around, but I do like there is somewhere for Liam to run around in the winter. Here are two different days we went, once with Pres and other baby friends, and the other time with toddler friends. It's so fun now that Pres is mobile and they can chase each other through the tunnels.
Liam likes to "high" (hide) in the tunnels too...
Liam and his new buddy James both had on their Notre Dame gear, so we tried to get a picture of it while they were still...but no, they are already trying to get back up and off to play!
For Valentine's Day, we were pretty low-key. Lounged, played, snuggled, and did lunch at Mi Cocina with the Smith's. Mallie and Dallie with their valentines!
I thought that I was going to be Nick and Liam's valentine...you know...because I'm the wife and mother!?! But it looks like there was another girl that caught their eye...and lips :)



Finally, the most fun thing we did this weekend was the Mardi Gras parade! Yes we dragged our sickly son (more on that below) out in the cold to watch the Krewe of Barkus parade....it was definitely worth it! This is a parade they do in Nola and considering it's all dogs, dressed up and in floats, we knew Liam would love it. He had so much fun and went crazy with all the different sized dogs around. He did catch some beads, but was much more into the canines :)



There has been some nasty viruses going around and everyone in Liam's play group as well as Presley were sick...so I guess Liam was due. He didn't get the stomach bug (thank goodness) but has a bad cold that's left him unable to sleep well. That coupled with 2 new molars means mommy and Liam haven't slept through the night in 2 WEEKS! I'm so not the ferberizing mommy and just don't do the CIO (cry it out) method. Especially now that I hear "elp mama" (help mama) over the monitor...even me, the person who puts sleep above almost everything in my life, cannot help but go running into his room. He's usually up between 3-4:30am, sometimes screaming, sometimes tossing and turning, sometimes just nuzzling into my neck. I really don't mind being there for him in the middle of the night, because I like to know he gets back to sleep comfortably. It's the next morning that I mind...alot. I have been miserable after these nights, and am ready for Liam to be healthy with all of his teeth in place :) Speaking of health...his 18 month appointment is in 2 days! I can't believe he's that old, but I am excited to get his new stats...which of course I'll post :)
4 comments:
Aww, you and P are each other's first kiss :) We'll be sure to remind you that for the rest of your lives, I'm sure. Snow day 2010 was great (minus irritating P's ear infection...)
looks like fun fun fun
can't wait to come and play too
love to all
grandma deb
I LOVE your post!!!!!!!!!!!!! So many fun things I wanted to comment on but now I can't remember.. perhaps the prioritizing sleep above everything else.. that's me too, but it's hard when it doesn't happen. mommys are supposed to function on only 4 hrs of sleep, don't ya know? :) hope to see the barkers and smiths soon.. oh and I love the ND outfits :)
I love the ghetto fab sliding! Hope you all get caught up on sleep soon.
Post a Comment