Saturday, September 5, 2009

September 1, 2009: Liam's Staycation!

I think that is a nice way of saying Mommy and Daddy got a real vacation for the first time since Liam was born, while he stayed home with my parents. Nick and I went on a bachelor/bachelorette cruise with 22 of our friends to Mexico! Despite making daily international phone calls, I think I did pretty well for being away from Liam for the first time. We had such a fun weekend and Liam did wonderful with Mal and Dal despite the fact he was still sick...more to come on that later, but basically we are seeing an ENT for persistent fluid effusions in his ears with multiple infections...poor little guy:( Anyway, it's been a while so I have alot to catch up on...

Before the trip we went out to a post-birthday dinner with our friends Benoit, Yasmine and Matteo. We ate at PF Changs and Liam loved the chicken rice and noodles..and the chopsticks of course :) He stayed in his chair the whole time and we get alot of compliments at restaurants for how well behaved he is now...a very important skill since he lunches with me and the girls. Here is Nick with Liam and Matteo..
So a few days before we are due to leave, Liam spikes another fever. I'm already stressed about leaving him for the first time and was worried that he would get sicker. Luckily, his fever broke fast (thanks to Motrin and popsicles!) and by the time we left he was eating and playing normally...just not sleeping well due to the fluid in his ears. But his Mal was more than willing to rock him and love on him in the middle of the night! Here are my mom's pics from their weekend with Liam.
Liam got another gift from Mallie and Dal...a new piano! Our little Baby Mozart LOVES his new piano and serenades us daily now :)
Their main activities included reading hundreds of books, walks in his Step 2 car, visiting the park and duck pond, and walking the beach...not too shabby for a staycation.
While we missed Liam alot, we did have a great time with all our friends....just getting to party with everyone was so fun. I was mostly with the girls and Nick was with the boys but we all managed to run into each other occasionally :) Here's a couple pics from our trip...
The only thing the bride and groom asked of us was to wear jhorts (jean shorts)..I guess it has to do with their Indiana roots (jk!) But we all rocked the jhorts hard core...
So this week we are back to work and preschool...Right now Liam goes 3 days a week while I'm working part time. So on our two days together we hit the parks, a mommy and me group, and do lots of walking around Santa Monica. On our regular routine is the dog store where Liam can watch tons of dogs play through the window...Okay so if this blog isn't long enough I have two new videos. The first is Liam walking again...he gets up on his own and takes 8-10 steps! He's still super wobbly, but so proud of himself. And of course he's always walking carrying a bat or his beloved soccer ball :) The second video is Liam saying his new word "uh oh". We are trying to teach him to say that when he drops something or falls down...He doesn't always use it appropriately, but it's so darn cute!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was the best staycation for Dal and me too. i miss miss miss my boy. the videos are great. won't be long and you will be running after him. i love you and miss you Liam. hope to be rocking you to sleep soon :) mallie

Rachel and Cameron said...

Liam- you're so big!! Good job, buddy! Can't wait to see you again!

Anonymous said...

Liam, what I love about you is that you are always thinking. Whether you are looking at the water, fish, reading or trying to walk, you are thinking real hard and trying to figure things out. I also love to watch mommy and daddy's face when they are explaining things to you.
Love
Grandma Debbie