Wednesday, August 26, 2009

August 26, 2009: STEPS in the right direction :)

So while I'm home from work today (because Liam is sick...again...he started a fever yesterday at school...story of our life) Not that I don't love the extra time with him, I just hate how often he's been sick this past year. Anyway, while we are home playing together I decided to practice walking with Liam. He is so close and I'm so scared that I will miss those first few steps... He started standing really well today and taking his hands off the furniture for a few seconds. I thought he might be ready to try and walk to me so I set the video camera up behind us. It might not look like much to parents of walkers but these are literally his VERY FIRST STEPS on his own...or should I say step singular :) Either way I'm so happy I caught it cause this post is especially for Nick...can't wait for you to get home from work tonight to walk more with your big boy!


PS- Happy Birthday to Aunt Rachy!

5 comments:

Suzi said...

Hey Emily! Love that you are a blogger too! Congrats on the first steps!! that is a BIG deal!!

Anonymous said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww Liam
I was so surprised when I got home and saw your first steps. Your great big smile and mommy's cry of joy made me smile too!

Love, Grandma Debbie

Anonymous said...

Liam,
I love how you look back at Dorothy and you have the same look on your face when you were telling yourself you can do it when you were first crawling. I watched your first steps video over and over this morning. Love G.D.

Anonymous said...

Milla called me with the first step news. Yay!

Lippers

Anonymous said...

"Now walk it out now walk it out.. west walk it out..."
Yay! Liam!

Besos!!!
Aunt Linds