We had a wonderful trip back to the Gulf...Our family used to vacation in Destin every year growing up and I love that we are now taking Liam and Presley there too. For a whole week, we barely left the house and it was amazing. Days were spent by the pool or beach and napping, and nights were spent eating a festive meal, watching movies, and games. It was a house full of Bacons, Barkers, Renfros, Smiths and Lippers! Basically you had to be able to hold your own at the card table or you would lose your money and dignity:) Mal planned a different theme for every night so we had Xmas in July, Bada Bing night (Italian), a Luau, and Liam's (early) bday. The 'big kids' also got a night out to Red Bar while Mal and Dal babysat :) Everyone was healthy (yay!) and Liam played well with the whole fam. Our flights were as hectic as always. I have decided we are the bad news bears of flying...you know just the typical 2 hour delays, flying THROUGH a thunderstorm (yes there was lightening on both sides of the plane) and then we missed the LA connection. But the silver lining was that Liam was an angel the whole time and at least we were stranded in Dallas with Rachy and Pres. So let's start from the beginning cause I'm about 2 weeks behind...
Here is Liam with some more of his new big boy toys...He totally knows how to dunk and claps for himself afterwards!
Liam giving me some love while I recuperate on the couch...
Here is Liam opening his birthday gift from his Pops...it's the 2008 and 2009 baseball card sets! Nick collected these every year as a child and now Liam will continue the tradition. Look how sweet he is already looking up to his daddy...
They are best buds...
Here is Liam in his John Deer boots...they were a gift from his Great-Grandma Barker. They are soft leather and Liam wears them around the house like slippers :)
Okay I just have to post this because Liam has foam letters for the bath tub and everyday we write "the word of the day". Now when he gets into the tub he looks up there and we spell a word for him. Obviously his favorites are 'Liam' and 'dog'.
Okay I'm finally up to the vacation pics. Rachy posted a ton so I'll try not to duplicate. Here are my boys enjoying the view from our room's balcony. This house was AMAZING!
Loving the pool...
Nick is a kid magnet :)
Such a serious birthday boy. Okay so technically his birthday is still 10 days away, but we've been celebrating early with family since they won't be here on the actual day. He got some thoughtful gifts (thanks family!) and enjoyed his pinata (he got to use his favorite bat!) and blue cupcakes!
As I said Grandma Debbie was with us the week before we left to help me with Liam while I was still recovering. This was such a blessing and we had such a fun week together. She really got to see Liam in his element at home and at school where he is now moved into the toddler room. We also got his big birthday gift that she had ordered for him...his own set of wheels! Ever since he rode Matteo's car, Liam has been wishing for his own. He is the cutest driver in LA, but has already adapted to the lifestyle here. This kid lays on the horn everywhere we go!
While in Florida we also got to meet up with Uncle Mark, Aunt Steph, Mayce and Carson! We haven't seen them in a while, so it was fun to catch up and play in the pool.
3 comments:
I have been waiting anxiously for Liam's blog update. Emily you have done such a great job of including the family so that we don't miss a beat with Liam. I know it is a bummer being so far away but I am so thankful for these blogs. Between the blogs and our favorite fish (snap) I feel like we have really been able to watch Liam grow up. I surely do miss him. It was a joy to be able to be part of your everyday lives. I couldn't begin to pick a favorite picture! We love you all very much.
Grandma Debbie
Liam you are 1 year old in just a week. Grandma is off to school today. Let it be logged or blogged that grandma is starting her 27th year as a teacher and very very proud of it. Keep learning and never forget that reading is good for your health, Liam. Grandma loves you very very much.
Hey Emily, Nick, and Liam: We had a GREAT time seeing you guys in Florida. Liam - we can't believe how absolutly adorable you are!! Mayce keeps talking about how much you loved her nose. We can't wait to see you again in December. All our love - Your GREAT Aunt Steph
Post a Comment