Monday, March 10, 2008

March 9, 2008: Vegas and 4 month bump


So we took doo on a quick weekend to Vegas..again! Nick had a soccer tournament there, but we had alot of friends and Mal and Dal who were going to be in town. We had a lucky weekend in the casino but unfortunately Nick pulled his hamstring during his 4th game. He was alright, just had to "take it easy" by playing blackjack and shooting craps :) I did get to eat my favorite crepes at Paris (okay 4 crepes over 2 days...) and my favorite Jersey Mike's sandwich. I pretty much plan my trips around my meals :) Mal and I also did some maternity shopping and I gave in to some elastic pants. I was down to one pair of jeans that stay on by rubber bands and safety pins, so I guess it was time.

My doctor's appointment last week went well. Nick was in Dallas for work, so Jamie stepped in for the appointment. We heard the heartbeat again and learned I've gained 7.5 pounds so far into the pregnancy. I'm willing to tell the amount of weight I'm gaining now, but once I've gained over 25lbs, I probably won't be as excited to share. Right now I feel like my belly is huge, but I think it's probably only obvious to people who know me. We should be able to find out the sex of doo at the end of March/early April. We are so excited to find out, and will be going to do a 4D ultrasound probably on March 29. Just in case we can't tell by then, we do have another doctor's appointment the first week of April. We'll have those pictures up as soon as we get them!! Go ahead and leave your boy or girl guess in the comment section, I'm interested to see what you all think. Nick has predicted all along it's a boy. I'm sure most guys do that but he's getting pretty confident. He's either going to be right on the money or in for a shock when something is missing from doo! He will be happy either way though, whether he's teaching our baby football or softball :)

Only 2 final exams next week and then it's spring break! I will post more pictures of me with my spring breakers Amelia and Candace on our day trips to Palms Spring and Santa Barbara :) Two more destinations for doo to visit!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you sure you hear only one heartbeat!!! pink or blue?? i talk about doo as a boy, but i see pink when i picture emily and a baby--wonder why! love all three of you, mallie

alwalker2 said...

em i see the bump. rach and i have decided it is a boy since you are carrying high. should there be a pool? -allimyson

Amelia and Adam said...

MY EMMY BELLY!! I love your new top, very PREGO CHIC!! i'm glad you and nicky and DOO had a good trip. To be honest i see doo as a boy, a little Liam, but that's just my guess!! anyone can see emmy with a little girl, but i think Nicky is going to get his boy!!!!
Candace and I cannot wait to see L.A. and the belly! We are pumped for Palm Springs and wine tastings in Santa Barbara. 8 days in counting....

AJM said...

I have the voodoo vibe it's gonna be a girl! You look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Rachel and Cameron- You do look beautiful! I bet the elastic pants are much more comfortable on that belly! You look great, though! My money's on a girl, so is Cameron's cause he thinks that will help his odds to have a boy! I just picture you with a little girl.... Can't wait to find out for real. Then the shopping and gifts can really begin!!! After holding 11 hour old Caitlin yesterday, I can't wait to see DOO! She's going to be so tiny...

Anonymous said...

Hi Emmy & Nick
So excited about baby doo! I think he's a boy. You are beautiful. Love you, Aunt Paulette

Unknown said...

Omigod Emmy! How CUTE are you!?!! I love it. I'm thinking it might be a boy but you know how non-experienced I am when it comes to anything to do with babies (remember the diaper episode?) so who knows what that means. You look great though : )