Monday, March 31, 2008

March 31, 2008: 19 weeks and spring break is over for me and doo







I think doo spent so much time relaxing on Spring Break that he has saved up all his energy to start kicking and moving!! I felt him move for the first time today! I know he has been moving, but it's so exciting to feel it finally. We had an amazing visit with Amelia and Candace, and I was very sad to see them go. Some of the highlights from the trip were the Griffith Observatory (where I took that picture with the Hollywood sign), our beach day, shopping (everywhere!), lunch at the Ivy, our bus trip downtown to the Jewelry District (long story why we took the bus but it does involve Nicky taking all the car keys...), kickball game, going to our friends' band gig, getting manis/pedis, and Sprinkles cupcakes. We did also happen to run into Marcia Cross, Kathy Ireland, and the guy who won American Gladiators, Evan (hey, there was nothing else on TV). A very good SB 2008!

We have another ultrasound at my 5 month appt this Friday. I know we just saw doo, but I'm so excited to see him again and get more pictures. I can't wait to see how he's grown in two weeks!

7 comments:

Amelia and Adam said...

hey guys- candilips and i cried all the way home, we did not want SB 2008 to end!! you guys were great hosts for us and we are very appreciative! thanks again!! -we enjoyed being all over l.a. and seeing all kinds of sights.. including the adorable Evan from American Gladiators... definitely a highlight!!
It was also pretty neat to watch Doo actually grow. I noticed emmy's belly got bigger about halfway into our trip! it was so exciting to see he was growing... i'm sure it was all in his legs though!! His kicks are only going to become more powerful as time goes on...
miss you guys -Meha

Anonymous said...

by the looks of the baby belly Doo is growing fast. the ice cream and cupcakes must agree with him!! tell Doo mal and dal are coming to LA in two weeks. hopefully we will feel a few kicks! lovelovelove all , mal

Anonymous said...

it looks like i have gained more weight then emily in that picture

What the.....

Doo's Dad

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Nicky, most first time daddies gain weight with their wives :) It's healthy. Emmy- you know I go to sleep early... Doo is looking good. Can't wait to see more pictures after Friday. Love you guys! Wish I could've come for SB 08!! Looks like fun!!
-rachey

Unknown said...

Guys, this is SO exciting! you are my first pregnant friends!! Who knew I would be so into it : ) Emmy, you look amazing...and Barker Baby Daddy, you look pretty sharp too so no worries.

I think I definitely need to plan a trip out to sunny CA so I'll keep my eye out for some tickets and will certainly keep you posted.

miss you lots xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

your tummy is just growing and growing! i love the picture of you and nick... you look so beautiful! see you in class tomorrow... thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

ooopppsss...The previous message was from me!

xoxo,

Jennifer Barnato