Saturday, May 21, 2016

May 21, 2016: Elinor turns 3!

I can't believe my baby, "Elinor Barker", is "free!"  We started her birthday celebrations at school.  They had a precious ceremony celebrating her life.  I talked about what she was like at 1 and 2 years old, and they asked me her favorite food, toy, and color.  Then they asked Nora to see if I was right :)
 I did pretty good: favorite food (tortellini, check!), favorite toy (play doh, check!), and color (blue!)...wait Nora corrected me it was light blue.  Close enough ;)
 Nora called each of her friends to take their seat after her ceremony...
 Bryn got to skip class to come as well!
 Singing happy birthday!
 She's a little embarrassed :)
 and silly!
 So excited her sister was there..
 On her birthday, Nora woke up to a blue house!
 All she asked for this year was BLUE birthday!  So we started her party by making blue play doh...


 We had tortelli (not blue, sorry Nora), steamed broccoli and salad...one of her favorite meals!  Followed by a chocolate cake with blue icing...although to be fair, my natural blue dye (from red cabbage) was not very dark.  But when she looked really closely, I'm pretty sure I convinced her it was blue :)
 We spent the rest of the party playing outside...

 and of course soccer happened :)

 Thankful to our friends and family who helped to celebrate Elinor!








 At 3 years old, Elinor could not be cuter!  She goes by Nora, Elinor, Ellie, Panda (by Liam and Bryn) or Eleanora (only at school).   She loves everything Byrn does not...cheese, kefir, yogurt, chocolate.  She eats very healthy if you feed it to it her...but left to her own devices and she'll pick peanut butter sandwich and square cheese (slice of munster) every time!  She sleeps so well, still taking a 2 hour nap each day...in her crib (or pack-n-play).  What can I say, I'm not going to rock the boat :)
She has the sweetest personality and the best manners of all my kids.  She rocks her ABCs, is spelling a few words, has memorized her favorite book Strawberry Shortcake, loves NOT fixing her hair, loves the song "Worth It" by Fifth Harmony, and loves dancing and has noooo shame.

She had a great check-up at mommy's office and great dental visit!

She loves telling me every day "I'm going to be a big girl today!" and most of the time she is! Elinor, we love you so much and can't imagine our lives without you.  Looking forward to having lots of one-one time with my big girl this fall :)

No comments: