Liam was so excited for summer to start but also really enjoyed his last week of school. We had a picnic during lunch outside...
I helped Liam and his classmates make homemade ice cream...and brought 2 little helpers with me :)Liam really thrived this year and we were so grateful he had such a great class and teacher. He was very proud to bring him the award that he got this year :)
We were so proud of Liam for testing into GT this year and were BLOWN AWAY by his test scores!! He got to experience his GT class a few times at the end of the year, and is really looking forward to starting back in 1st grade. Luckily, his best buddy Justin tested in as well so they will continue in the class together.
Now here is where I feel that this award should be given to the parents. I actually got this kid to school ON TIME every day. Actually, considering the girls were along for the drop off every day and had to be awake, they earned this as well. Phew, there were days I was throwing a screaming Nora in jammies and a dirty diaper in her carseat just to drive 3 minutes to school and get him there on time. We did it! My other major accomplishment was send Liam and the girls with a packed lunch and snack every day. The girls wasn't too bad, since they only went two days a week. But packing Liam's lunch 5 days a week was a chore. Because they are such good eaters, I didn't want them getting stuck with the same meal every day even though I knew this meant a lot more work for me. Weirdly it become more enjoyable, the more creative I got (although don't get me wrong, I was so ready for summer mostly for not having to wake up or pack lunches!!) I get that it's a little weird to take pictures but how else will I remember something I spent so many late night and hundreds of hours doing?! And to think there's only a decade more (or more!) of this for me :)




















No comments:
Post a Comment