Sunday, September 15, 2013

August/September 2013: Catching Up (part 1)

Whoops.  I didn't mean to go this long without blogging, but as you'll see in the pics, we've been busy. This was the month that I went back to work and the kids started school again, so there was an adjustment period with our new routine.  We also had so many fun events this month with both the boys' birthdays and lots of visitors in town.

Here's what we've been up to...
Brenna's birthday party at Build-a-Bear...
 Bowling...
 Nick's birthday party.  How sad I didn't get ANY pictures from the great party we had, only a picture of the back yard the morning after.  Margarita machine, beer pong, and flip cup (and no kids!).  It was a great night!
 The circus...



 Bowling with playgroup...
 Rough Riders game...

 Hiking with Daddy...
Bowling (again)...The kids love it!

 Night out at the Perot museum with Nick's company...
 Playing at Hope Park...
Bryn started her new ballet/tap class.  It's actually meant for older girls but her teacher let her join because she was such a good listener in the last session.  Do you see my little/big girl?  She LOVED it!
 Mal, Tippy, and I canned 125 lbs of tomatoes.  It's a busy process but I love having the fresh tomatoes to use all year long...
 Why not blanch, cut, and freeze 50 ears of corn while I'm at it?? :)
My college besties, Suz and Britty came to stay with us for a weekend.  Suz brought her sweet little one, Sophie who had so much fun with Liam and Bryn!
 We went to a princess tea party...


 Bryn and Sophie...
 Getting "piggy tails" by Britty...
 Swimming...
Meeting Nora...
 And a girl's dinner out to Mi Cocina!
We had another visit from my cousin Brittany who stayed with us while in town for work and got to meet Nora as well.  We took her to our favorite sushi spot, Kotta, for lunch...
Weekly playgroup fun...

Nora is also growing leaps and bounds this month...like literally leaping right past the 6 mo size clothes and going straight to 9 mo clothes!   She's obviously still nursing well :)


She sits up so well and thinks she's sooo big :)

Sleep...not so much.  She takes great naps (on her tummy) and although she starts in the pack n play every night (on her back), she wakes up in our bed every morning after her 1st (or 3rd) feed overnight.  Now that her reflux is pretty well controlled, I do secretly love snuggling with her in bed :)
I just started bathing Nora in the tub and of course Bryn wanted to help, so now we have girls' bath time...
 Nora is so bright-eyed and alert.  She coos all the time...in fact lately she wakes us up with her cooing, which is too sweet.  Liam "translates" her baby talk for us :)  No one makes her smile or laugh more than Liam and Bryn.  She adores her big siblings and follows them all around the room.
Mommy's girl :)

No comments: