Tuesday, January 15, 2013

January 15, 2013: Bryn is reading and Liam is kissing...

First, I know I mentioned in the last post about me being Bryn's evil step-mother when she plays princess.  To further explain, Bryn loves to be "cinderelly" and I'm the "ebil step-muder" who chases her around trying to catch her.  Bryn shrieks and runs screaming for 'bruno' (the dog in the movie, played by Liam in our house) or "prince charm" (daddy) to save her.  It is so so so cute!!  I love all her imaginary play lately.  She also loves to be Liam's mommy or vet, as he is often pretending to be some kind of animal crawling around the house.  She coaxes him to jump up on the couch where she pets him or she puts him in his house under the table.  I love seeing her take the lead in some of their play together.

Tonight we were reading Bryn 2 books before bed as we always do.  She picks a different first book every night but her 2nd book is always her favorite, Knuffle Bunny.  Tonight she told me "I read it to you, mommy".  And she certainly did!  (Might not be so clear to others but I still wanted to post it for the family to see her read...and I love her expressions and voices!)

Today when I picked Liam up from school, his teacher pulled me aside to tell me about an 'incident' that happened in the library.  One of Liam's best friends, Devan, was trying to walk by him and being a typical little boy, he put his hands out and blocked her path.  Instead of fighting him...she leaned forward and kissed him smack on the lips!  Ms. Ashley said his face turned bright red and he turned to his little guy friends saying "did you just see that?!" since he must have been surprised by it.  When I asked him what happened with Devan at school, he was embarrassed and did not want to talk about it.  He finally told me, "Devan did the thing that you like to do to me at bedtime"  I told him Devan is a good friend who was just being silly, but next time we'll tell her we only hug our friends, not kiss them.  He'll be mad, but I had to mark in the blog his first kiss :)

1 comment:

Rachel and Cameron said...

Oh, Liam, the ladykiller! Love the story!!