Monday, January 14, 2013

January 14, 2013: 20 Week Ultrasound, It's A ....!!

Baby!  Actually we aren't officially finding out this time.  Yes, apparently it's frustrating to everyone including my obgyn who doesn't get to know either, as she told me :)  (The u/s tech confirms the sex, but doesn't write it in the chart so no one can slip).  Nick (hesitantly) and I agreed to wait and have Trey be a surprise.  We don't really 'need' to know since we everything for a boy or girl, and I think it's kind of fun to have everyone guessing.  Nick and Liam think boy and Bryn says girl.  I don't want to say what I'm thinking yet, but I did write it down and put it in a sealed/signed envelope so we'll see who's right in a few more months!  Another special part of today's ultrasound, was that Liam got to go with Nick and I.  He liked the 'goo' they put on my belly to use the ultrasound wand and waved at Trey when he/she was 'waving' towards us :)  He had lots of questions like 'what color are Trey's eyes?' and 'is his heartbeat faster than mine?'.  Then again Liam also out of nowhere told me that when he is 20, Pres will be 19, Bryn 18, baby David 17 and Trey and Lala (Rachel's baby) will be 16.  Yes, he continues to amaze us!  But then again here he is working on one of his Kindergarten level workbooks while waiting for the doctor today :)  (side note-yes his pants are the correct size for his waist but good grief he must have already grown 3 inches this year because they are ALL high-waters on him now!)
Without further ado, here's our beautiful, perfect baby...

Seriously so photogenic already...I love these profile shots!


 At 5 months, I finally feel great.  I'm eating well (as my 6 lb weight gain over the last month indicated!), still sleeping well, have more energy, and...finally started feeling Trey kick and move over the last week.  I felt this baby much later than Bryn, but I learned today that he is actually kicking the placenta which is why I don't feel it as much.  It's weird to compare my symptoms to my other 2 pregnancies.  I'm starting to have some TMJ pain which I've never had before and is annoying.  My hands are super dry (which I had with Liam) but that could be because both were winter pregnancies.  I feel that my tummy problems lasted longer like they did with Bryn, but I agree with Nick that overall I still wasn't as sick this time as I was with her.  Pregnancy brain seems to be the same with all three pregnancies :)  So who knows??  Some days I watch Bryn who is so giggly and sweet, dragging me by hand to come play board games with her or to pretend to be her evil step-mother (because she's the princess obviously) and I think I so want a sister for her.  But then I snuggle with Liam, or watch him playing his cars and sports, wrestling with his daddy but then being so gentle when showing Bryn something and I think I would love another boy.  Either way, I'll be so happy and excited to see how Trey fits in our family.

Another exciting moment today, was that Rachel finally announced (or rather, let me announce) both our pregnancies on facebook.  Her baby (Lala) is due about 2 weeks after Trey.  Our little ones are already so close and best buddies, and it makes me so excited to think about our next ones growing up together :)  Here is our belly pick from about 3 weeks ago...
 And the kids' belly pic :)
2013 is off to a great start for us.  I have been doing a lot of organizing around here...alot.  I'll have to put up some pics in a separate post (if no one thinks I'm too neurotic).  It's major flu/RSV season around Dallas, keeping me busy at work.  It's been fine though, and I like when my days pass quickly.  Even after this many years, I still come home thankfully for my family's health daily.  Nick's in a good stride at work, still some late nights and weekends, but making the most of his time when he's here.  (And still getting home early enough for me to get to yoga!)  And in between work and family time, Nick managed to win a couple of fantasy football leagues and I learned way more about random players than I ever wanted to know :)
As long as it's 40 degrees or above, Nick and the kids still play outside as much as possible...
I ventured out with the kids and Mallie to the zoo, but it was on our one warm day of high 60s....




 Most cold days, we are playing inside...

Puzzles...
 Cooking...
 Geotrax...
 Hide 'n Seek...
 Costco shopping and snacking...
Blocks...
 Liam brings home a book from school each week that he has to read to us.  They work on different vowel/consonant sounds, letter combinations, sight words, etc.  I mostly love these pics because after watching me take the first one, Bryn shouted "Hey, I not in 'da picture!!"
How dare I leave Brynnie out of a perfectly good picture opportunity :)
Another big source of entertainment for Bryn has been her new dress up center that Dallie and Mallie made for her big Christmas gift.  It was my dad's childhood dresser that we used to make it...
 Drawers removed and primed, then we hung a curtain rod across the back...
Final product!
 The hooks on the side are for her necklaces and the drawer is for her tiara, shoes, and all necessary princess accessories...

Here it is in our downstairs playroom (which I'm not done decorating), but you can also see the mirror that Tippy made for it that we placed on the side...
Bryn's first princess play date with Cate and Mia was so cute!  Hopefully more to come...
 And finally, I thought it was so funny when we realized one night that everyone in this family, minus mommy, can curl their tongue...

Guess we'll find out soon enough if baby Trey was lucky enough to get this gene as well :)

1 comment:

Ashley and Matt Sheehan said...

Great post !!! Sure am excited and happy for you and Rachel and can't wait to find out the sex of this baby of yours .. and a win win either way. Can't believe you're already halfway there.