Friday, July 27, 2012

July 27, 2012: Food

Food at our house lately looks a lot like this...
Overall we've made a lot of changes over the last 6 months as far as trying to live and eat more naturally.  The hardest change has probably been cutting back on processed foods such as cereal and snacks.  But my veggie/fruit/flaxseed smoothies, eggs, oatmeal, yogurt, cheese sticks, veggies/dip, turkey roll-ups, and peanut butter apple slices seem to going over so well that the kids don't really notice those foods missing from the pantry anymore :)  

And while focusing on health I am still using my treadmill and back to my yoga classes.  I have mini yoga sessions for the kids who wanted to do it too one day after watching me.  So cute, I'll have to get pics of them in downward facing dog :)  Nick started up with a new soccer league and we went to cheer him on...
And Nick has signed up for his first half-marathon later this year!  I think I'll stick to my treadmill while watching Bravo, but we'll all be there to greet him at the finish line :)

I am always telling Liam about how all his foods not only nourish his body but also his brain...
Sometimes after Daddy has been working long nights and weekends, he deserves a good old-fashioned home-cooked meal....complete with real mashed potatoes!  And because I can't imagine it any other way, I let the kids lick the beaters after making them just like I used to with my mom...

You know it's special meal when Liam says, "Look Dad, this is a new protein...it's called steak!"

No comments: